Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Need Opinions Please On A Few CCW (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/need-opinions-please-few-ccw-54025/)

JeffG 12-23-2011 06:47 PM

Need Opinions Please On A Few CCW
 
Hello to everyone! I am shopping for a new pistol to carry for personal defense. I currently carry a Smith & Wesson 442 Airweight .38 Special. It is nice and fires very well, but I just want something new. I also own a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 Range Kit. I am having the trigger on the S&W .40 changed, I just don't like the 10lb pull. Now the kicker is I live in Acushnet, MA so some that I do like are not on the AG's approved roster list. I am also a left handed shooter, although I have shot pistols and rifles specifically made for the majority. The makes and models I am listing here are on the approved list. I just don't know anyone who has one, therefore any opinions are greatly welcome!

Ruger P345

Sig P229RM .40 S&W w/Night Sights
Sig P250 .45 ACP Compact (just recently made the list)
Sig P239 .40 S&W Compact

Smith & Wesson M&P .40 S&W Compact with Thumb Safety
Smith & Wesson M&P .45 ACP Compact with Thumb Safety

THANK YOU!!!!
Jeff

vincent 12-23-2011 07:11 PM

That's a really well thought out question! +1...I have no experience with any of these mentioned but there WILL be someone posting soon who does...Sorry 'bout your location, let us know if you need help when you move back to America! :D

willfully armed 12-23-2011 07:20 PM

M&P with an Apex trigger.

partdeux 12-23-2011 07:50 PM

No Springfield XD subcompact, or XDM compact? SWMBO got a XDMc, and I liked it so much, I bought one too!

USMC-03 12-23-2011 09:45 PM

I own an M&P compact .40 without the thumb safety, my father in law has the compact 9mm with the safety. I much prefer the model without. I'm just not a fan of small parts that need to be operated before my gun fires. The Sig 229 would also be a fine choice, but the M&P is a little easier to conceal in my opinion

JeffG 12-23-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 658347)
That's a really well thought out question! +1...I have no experience with any of these mentioned but there WILL be someone posting soon who does...Sorry 'bout your location, let us know if you need help when you move back to America! :D

Move back to America? LOL!!!! I hear similar all the time, but all I know is MA law so I don't know anything else! :-)

But thanks! :)

JEFF

JeffG 12-23-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 658355)
No Springfield XD subcompact, or XDM compact? SWMBO got a XDMc, and I liked it so much, I bought one too!

Springfield anything IS NOT on the approved roster list on the AG's web site. So I cannot consider those...

But thanks...JEFF

JeffG 12-23-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC-03 (Post 658414)
I own an M&P compact .40 without the thumb safety, my father in law has the compact 9mm with the safety. I much prefer the model without. I'm just not a fan of small parts that need to be operated before my gun fires. The Sig 229 would also be a fine choice, but the M&P is a little easier to conceal in my opinion

I like the Smith & Wesson I have now, it's just the full size variant. The safety I am either here nor there on. The price for the .40 or .45 are very fair IMHO. I heard so many good things about the SIG brand, but price is very high. Hmmm...

Thanks!
Jeff

JeffG 12-23-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed (Post 658350)
M&P with an Apex trigger.

That is the trigger that is replacing the one on my .40 now. Seems to be a Smith majority thus far...

Thanks!
JEFF

c3shooter 12-23-2011 10:22 PM

For CCW, how about a ParaOrdance CX745? It's on the list- very compact stainless DOUBLE ACTION .45 ACP. Trigger very similar to a good double action revolver. Usual safeties that a 1911 would have, but can carry hammer down (it's only state) on a loaded chamber. Not much bigger than your .38 revolver.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.