Need Help Picking my 1st concealed carry handgun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Need Help Picking my 1st concealed carry handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 07:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

As no one has said it, I carry a Colt Government .45 IWB or shoulder rig; depending on weather. Even if I miss it is a cannon no one want to go up against. You are both correct in that there is more to carrying concealed than punching holes in paper targets.

The responsibilities of CCW are well stated here http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/read-before-you-decide-carry-11962/

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #22

I definately agree with responsibility of practice but I was simply saying that revolvers leave no room for error especially dealing with more attackers

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #23

Default cc

I own the sr9c. Very nice gun. Small, but not tiny. If you want sonething real small, you might want to take a look at the new ruger LCP.

I have a review of my sr9c up at YouTube:

Both guns have received the shooting academy of excellence "handgun of the year" award. The most important thing, however, is to go down to your gunshop and feel the numerous choices out in your own hand. See what feels good to you, than take it from there.

Good luck!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 762 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Well, I like all guns mentioned so far, but let me throw something in to chew on.
I have carreied for years, and have found that different days warrant a different gun.
Cold days, hot days, dressup, dressdown, etc. On cold days I carry 44 mag revolver, sometimes .45 , then there are days I might carry both , but rest assured, I will always have a ultra compact 9mm on my person. Sometimes (and has been for 4-5 yrs) a KelTec PF9 , with not one problem ever. Easy conceal and light. Now I just picked up another ultra compact 9mm, about 3 months ago, it is is even smaller and easier to carry and has 9mm punch, Its the Diamondback DB9. So far not one problem after 4-5 hundred rnds. So easy to carry , I love it. 11.8 oz. You have to decide for yourself, just another toy you can check out. The DB9 is almost exactly the same size as the Ruger LCP.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #25

Ok well i am also new here but kno a Lil bit about the guns you are looking at. I own a kel tek pf9 and I like it to a ctain point. It is very lightweight and is easily to conceal. But the only problem I've had with it is that it like to fte but I think it may be because of the ammo I'm using. But if I were you I would look at the bersa thunder series bc it is affordable it comes in 380 acp, 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 acp. I've heard nothing but good things about them. Look at budsgunshop.com bc they have a decent price on find and a rele good selection. Bersa costs around 400 bucks so it isnt bad. Sry for spelling bc I'm doin this on my phone

Last edited by Zannas; 08-12-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #26

Default ruger

my advice is worth what u paid for it......ruger lcp with a crimson trace, and an uncle mike's sleeve.....i carry it in my front pocket, all day every day.... i prefer a heavier caliber but the weight drags my pants down

Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #27

Default My 2 cents

My vote would be the S&W Airweight or Bodyguard
Own both, each has good and not so good points
Airweight: Great feel, good grip, point and shoot
Bodyguard: Small grip, aftermarket coming soon, laser sight included.

Both sit in a pocket holster, go almost everywhere
It's like a significant other, each has their own tastes
Get what feels good to you

Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #28

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Go BIG or stay home!

This .357 Rem Mag won't set ya back! (Recoil wise. )

chiappa-rhino-revolver-1a.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #29

Default Personal Carry - My weapon of choice

I carry a Ruger LCP. It is reliable, light weight, and surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. It DOES jump hard in your hand. 380 is a lot of bang in such a small package. I'm not a big guy, (5'9" 170 lbs.) so larger pistols are difficult for me to effectively conceal. (If I could conceal my 1911, I would carry it.)
I carry everywhere I go, except where legally not permitted.
I don't want others to know I am carrying. Gun-o-phobes abound in my area, (Paul Helmke was Mayor in a town 25 miles from me. So there are a lot of anti-gun types here).
I don't carry to impress or intimidate anyone. I carry because, "It is better to have and not need, than to need, and not have."
I hope to never need to use it. But I fully intend to be prepared, and effective, if I should ever have to.

Best regards,
XGrunt
"No one is faster than a speeding bullet."

Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 AM   #30

Default Concealed carry

I live in Texas
During the summer I caary a Kahr 9mm PM9
During the winter a Walther 9mm pps
use hollow point ammo
and most importantly clean the pistol and lube it every week
++++ practice