Need help deciding
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Need help deciding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need help deciding

Right now I carry a glock 23 but I'd like to get something a little smaller to carry. Im looking at the ruger lc9, kahr cm9, xds, and possibly a single stack 9 sig saur. I've handled all of them and just don't know which I like better. I like the price of the ruger and the kahr but some of the features of the xds ad the sigs. I just want some info from people who own and or carry them everyday

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2091 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 755

Very different triggers on those choices. Which trigger do you prefer?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 11-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #3

It really doesn't matter to me, it's going to be my primary carry gun so if I ever have to use it it won't really matter too much

Old 11-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I carry a CM9 and I absolutely love the gun. To me the trigger is smooth as butter, and the gun fits my hand really well. I'm a little guy with small hands and I shoot the CM9 with no issues. It carries really well also. By the way I have probably put about 500 rounds through it since I got it at the end of August and have not had one issue. No FTF (fire or feed), no FTE, no slide lockback issues. Functions perfectly.

Just my contribution to this thread. I could not guess what somebody else might like but, for me, the CM9 is darn near perfect.

Kahr CM9
Kahr CW380
Ruger SR22

Old 11-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #5

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin125 View Post
It really doesn't matter to me, it's going to be my primary carry gun so if I ever have to use it it won't really matter too much
I would think if it's going to be your primary carry gun, it would matter, Alot!

Old 11-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3062 Times on 2082 Posts
Likes Given: 648

My vote for the LC9. I have had mine since last April. Some folks like to have the Trigger done, but for my purposes it's just fine. I
ordered some new springs,..But not sure if I will put them in right away. I have re-mounted My laser Lyte on the frame...and now have 3 of the ext. 9 rd. mags as well as 5 Std. 7 rounders, 3 with pinky exts. I either carry it in one of two Pocket Holsters, Or a DeSantis D9 IWB @ 3 o'clock. Sometimes I'll carry Larger, and the LC9 becomes the BUG, Or the LC9 is the Main...and I carry a Smaller FEG 32ACP and/or 1-2 Edged Weapons...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have an lc9 that replaced my glock 27 for summer ( had the 9mm barrel too so 26/27 ) I like the way it conceals better and usually carry that when I want to be a little more concealed. Its a great carry gun in my eyes, only complaint I have is magazine drop safety. But I will say its been 100% reliable. My dad has a xds in 9mm and I love shooting that gun too. love the front sight and the looks. Only two issues we had with that gun was first round (factory blazer) ever failed to eject but flawless after that and we shoot lots of reloads. And 2nd "issue" was sending it in to get fixed no big deal safety first.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I only have experience with the cm9 but liked it a lot. If my pockets were deeper I would have a sig 938

Old 11-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #9

The kahr and the ruger are what I'm between. The kahr seems to have a really stiff slide probably due to the recoil spring so I've always been Leary of the slide not cycling al the way and with the ruger I shoot left handed so the safety might be a pain unless I just kept it off

Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I never had problems with mine, even had a flawless break in period. Probably put cost to 1500 rounds through it before I got rid of it to find an xdm.