Need help cc in vehicle. - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Need help cc in vehicle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I had the very same dilemma, for me my most uncomfortable time to carry is in the car. I'm a big guy so there isn't a lot of room for a gun to fit, also not a lot of room makes it VERY hard to draw if I ever needed to. So i have done a lot of research on this and have found there are actually quite a few options out there. The holster that SSGN_Doc posted is actually a holster sold by the NRA so if you go to the NRA-store online you can find that holster. My only concern would be if that panel in the civic is strong enough to support that much weight (you can always reinforce it). The NRA store has one other option I believe that attaches to your seat belt.
I found another site with designs I like so much more! The web site is: http://www.texascustomholsters.com/
They have lots of pictures if you scroll to the bottom of that first page.

I like this design the most

image-3023524128.jpg

But my main carry gun is a model by beretta that is no longer made and NO one makes anything for so I decided to make my own out of kydex but it will be similar to the picture I attached. If that interests you to make your own let me know and I can show you where and how to get started with kydex.
If you can't take your gun into work with you personally I wouldn't leave it just in a holster in my car I just don't feel comfortable doing that my self. So what I did is I went on amazon and I found a little lock box that just fits 1 gun and it has a steal cable you can attach to your seat base. You can get a 3number combo or a key lock. I'm sure someone could still get it if they really wanted but I'm sure it would slow them up.

I hope all this helps let me know if you have questions and good luck!

Old 09-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #12

I would get a strong plastic holster and then bolt it way under your steering wheel

Old 09-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuracyman101
I would get a strong plastic holster and then bolt it way under your steering wheel
That could work, you may need to make some kind of brace behind the panel to help support the weight ( that depends on what gun your using of course, I don't remember if you said what kind it is). But that should be fairly easy to figure out

Old 09-17-2012, 04:33 AM   #14

Velcro a holster above your sun visors

Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks motomyfoto.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I usually park where I can see my vehicle during the day (paranoid).

Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #17

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

My dad leaves in the door of his pickup, I've taken a standard hip holster and riveted to the bottom of my front seat next to and on frame of the lever that allows for adjustment of nearness to steeringwheel. Tried it on console between seat and console, but got in way of buckling belt and was too tight a passageway for quick access.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
My dad leaves in the door of his pickup, I've taken a standard hip holster and riveted to the bottom of my front seat next to and on frame of the lever that allows for adjustment of nearness to steeringwheel. Tried it on console between seat and console, but got in way of buckling belt and was too tight a passageway for quick access.
I would rather have it between the seats for quick access. So far that has been a challenge because of the size of the vehicle.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #19

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by invicta8926

I would rather have it between the seats for quick access. So far that has been a challenge because of the size of the vehicle.
I would take a picture but the confined space under my seat disallows for one sufficient enough. Sorry man.

I understand your desire to have it more readily accessible, that's why I tried it on the console first, the problem is that your draw hand has no room to grab it without doing so fingertippedly, which is slower and less ready than under the seat. If your seat was made of plastic you could do it on the correct side of things, or if your seatbelt assembly is solid enough you coupd attempt to affix it that way, but stay away from screwing or drilling anything into it, go with zipties at that point.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ok, thanks. I have a spot beside the center console but evergreen will be able to see the weapon especially if they're in a truck.