Need help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Need help

New to the forum guys I need some help trying to purchase my first CC gun. My state OK is open carry but I would like to conceal still. I am 5'6 140 so I'm a small guy so I don't need a hand cannon. I am down to a 9 or 40. I have looked at HK, SW MP, Glock, Ruger everything I need some help. Everyone seems to have a Glock but why? They seem bulky to me. Just need some general help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Everyone has a glock because they are cave man simple and they go bang every time. Just my 2$

Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3106 Times on 1785 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

Welcome to the forum.
We do read the threads throughout here.

May I suggest that you only open one thread. Multiple posts will get you and us confused.

(This was also posted in the semi-auto hangun section)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

And you with your small size you should look into the Sig p938. Its a mini 1911 chambered in 9 mm. There are other great options out there as well. Just go to your local gun shop and hold as many guns as you can and pick the one most comfortable in your hands.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I apologize I wasn't sure where to post.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

See if you have a range that RENTS handguns for use on that range. Let the owners know you are shopping for a handgun, and want to pick the right one for you. Sometimes they may cut you a deal on rentals if you buy from them.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

+1 on renting if you can.

I bought a great little gun that concealed super easy for my first gun. Man, I hated shooting it at the range! So the next time I went shopping I wanted something I could conceal on my frame but also LIKE to shoot on my range trips. I went a little overboard on my homework (even made a spreadsheet comparing what I was considering). I handled the ones on my list and narrowed it down to 3 just by the feel of them in my hand. I then rented those three. I figured it'd make my decision super easy... I loved 2, didn't like one (sorry Glock guys) I went back and forth shooting the two I loved for an hour - discovered either would suit me just fine and make me happy. Neither was as easy to conceal as the pocket pistol I'd bought for my first, but I learned to dress around it. I bought one and put the other on my wish list.

But what I love you may hate....

Old 11-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia
+1 on renting if you can.

I bought a great little gun that concealed super easy for my first gun. Man, I hated shooting it at the range! So the next time I went shopping I wanted something I could conceal on my frame but also LIKE to shoot on my range trips. I went a little overboard on my homework (even made a spreadsheet comparing what I was considering). I handled the ones on my list and narrowed it down to 3 just by the feel of them in my hand. I then rented those three. I figured it'd make my decision super easy... I loved 2, didn't like one (sorry Glock guys) I went back and forth shooting the two I loved for an hour - discovered either would suit me just fine and make me happy. Neither was as easy to conceal as the pocket pistol I'd bought for my first, but I learned to dress around it. I bought one and put the other on my wish list.

But what I love you may hate....
So...... What did YOU get???

Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO

So...... What did YOU get???
I got an XDsc