Need advice in making a decision
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Need advice in making a decision

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Need advice in making a decision

Hi everyone,

As you can see in my signature, I'm the proud owner of a S&W Sigma SW9VE 9MM. I sent this gun back to S&W because of the horrible trigger drag. I got the gun back and the work order said they "Replaced sear housing blk asy." and I have to say , it works much better. I can actually pul the trigger without interruption and it's very accurate. But, there is nothing I can do with this gun, that I know about, to make it more user friendly. For example, I'm 61 years old and the old eyes don't work like they used to, ya' know. To compensate for this on my Kimber and Walther I have Crimson Laser grips but I they don't make them for the Sigma. I called & talked to them. Secondly I want to have a 9mm for carry but the Sigma isn't carry friendly for me. The reason is that the AK-47 rounds I took in 'Nam were mostly on my strong (right) side.
My idea is to find someone to buy the Sigma and replace it with a Glock 19, maybe with a cross-draw holster.
Any advice?

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2009, 03:06 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

If your issues with carrying the Sigma are due to it's size, then you won't be happy with the glock 19... they're pretty much the same size.
If you're looking for a good concealable 9mm, may i suggest a Walther PPS or Kel Tec P11.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 AM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Can't help with the carry issue but for laser sighting there is a guide rod laser available for the Sigma. Installation is usually just a field strip, replace the guide rod and take-down lever and you're good to go.

LaserMax: Why do I need a laser sight?

Good luck...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I will look into both options today.
Thanks,
Jack

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391