Nano Gun Safe for your vehical.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Nano Gun Safe for your vehical.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Nano Gun Safe for your vehical.

Well I am hearing a lot of people talk about places they can't carry and what to do if you must leave your gun in your car.

I bought this this evening and mounted it under my car seat for times I must leave my firearm in my car aka work.

I must say excellent quality and very heavy safe the cable goes around your seat brackets that are bolted to your frame.

Don't get me wrong if your car gets stolen your out of luck but for your average looking for an I pod this is an excellent product.

image-3302919427.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #2

I bought this also, love it, fits my SR9C and two mags perfectly, anyone have some advice on how to bolt it down in your trunk and not use the cable?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #3

Liked 282 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What type of vehicle? If the sheet metal is flat it should be really easy, but if its odd shaped it may be hard to bolt to the metal. I havent done this yet but it should be pretty straight forward. If i do it to my Durango i will post pictures and how i did it.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

There's always ways to McGyver installation securely if you need to.

I have a Nano Safe in my Jeep. It comes in handy on occassion for other things also. I installed a Bulldog safe in the wife's Jeep, only because they were out of Nanos in my area, and it works just as well. The main difference is that the Bulldog has a separate mounting bracket along with the optional cable.

As I've stated before from experience on the streets, if someone wants something badly enough, they'll find a way to get it. Especially if they're a pro. The trick is to make it as hard as humanly possibe for them. The $25 investment in the safe is cheap insurance. Another way to minimize the risk is not to be too obvious about what you are stashing wherever you are doing it. Consider stashing the gun the same as concealed carry. Do it covertly, or at least as much as possible.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think I'll have to pick a few of these up for my cars. Seems like a smart investment.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #6

2008 Dodge Avenger. Sorry for the double post, screwed up the quote.

Last edited by PositronDave; 04-11-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
What type of vehicle?
2008 Dodge Avenger

Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I bought a stack on safe to put under the seat of my truck. It has a push button entry or an override key. It is larger, but more protective of my pistol. It has holes in the bottom to bolt it down, however I did not want to drilling my truck so I bought coated cable and ran through it. The whole thing cost me $60. And I am pleased with it.
Here's the link.

http://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-safes--2/products/56

Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I have one and it is a good thing to have in vehicle.