Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   N8 or Crossbreed (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/n8-crossbreed-67859/)

weids 07-08-2012 03:04 AM

N8 or Crossbreed

I want to carry my Springfield 1911 full size and I am debating on which holster I want to get so which one to get the N8 Professional or the Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe?

Dillinger 07-08-2012 03:33 AM

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck and I, personally, HATE it. It was highly reviewed and had high marks from everyone and anyone.

I'm not a small guy, and I have had some extra weight around the middle, but even after losing 15 pounds the damn thing still didn't fit well for me in my daily life. Even with the same pants it didn't sit or fit well despite the weight loss and toning.

There is nothing wrong with the construction. The unit is solid, it's well stitched and it will hold a full size in place. But for me it was a nightmare to carry in. Uncomfortable, binding and the hide base wore a blister in my flesh. I did not like it Sam I Am. :o

In researching the N82 Tactical - I have found a lot of the same characteristics, but cheaper, than the Crossbreed. Of the two, I have to say the Crossbreed is a MUCH better design.

In other news......

In my search for a truly epic carry holster I tried about a dozen holsters before settling on this one:

http://brigadegunleather.com/m-11exotic.html

The Brigade Gunleather M-11 was about 4 months, maybe 5, in production. But when it showed up and I put it on, it felt like it was made for my pistol and my belt. Top quality leather, stitching and the fit was hand in glove! Truly, 100% worth the money and wait time.

JD

Fathead00 07-08-2012 04:59 AM

I love my N82 tactical holster. I carry my Glock 35 in it. It's sooo comfortable!!!

cvia 07-08-2012 05:14 AM

I got a crossbreed holster and I love it. No blisters or anything. I'm a short and fat guy but it fits well.

treehugger49 07-08-2012 12:12 PM

I have no experience with the N8, but have carried a full-sized XD-40 service in a SuperTuck Deluxe for years, and have nothing but good to say about it.

CrossBreed offers a "try it before you buy it" guarantee, I believe, that if you aren't a good fit for the product, as apparently Dillinger wasn't, you may return it after two weeks and get your money back.

At the time I bought mine, they also offered a 10% discount for NRA members if you made a notation in the "remarks" section of the order form with your membership number. I don't know if this still applies, but read the website instructions carefully.

A holster is a very individualized product. Each of us has his own expectations of what we want and need, and our physiology determines how well a product will fit and feel, so what works for some will fall short for others. At least with a CrossBreed product, you can send it back if you decide it isn't for you.

hardluk1 07-08-2012 03:34 PM

Take a look at comp-tac holsters . There MTAC and minotaur are backed with glove leather . The holster it self is changable, it is also way more flexable than crossbreed and is tension adjustable on the handgun.

danolator 07-08-2012 10:22 PM

Have two Crossbreeds and they are perfect for me. If you are overweight, I would recommend you have the leather cut tactical style. That may help with a little extra "fold" of insulation. Breaking one in can take a long time if you just wear it out of the box. With my second one, I did like my cowboy boots. Soaked it in water, put it on without a gun, and wore it around the house all day until it dried. Now it is like "butta."

weids 07-08-2012 11:51 PM

I guess another option for me would be for me to carry my 1911 in the fall/winter in owb holster and carry my bersa in an iwb holster in the summer months, your thoughts?

Donn 07-09-2012 12:09 AM

I've got a Super Tuck for my 1911 and have no complaints. I just don't like carrying a 1911. Too heavy and cumbersome regardless of holster. I'm a big guy too, never had the issues you mention. Obviously, you need an inch or more, (preferrably more), in your waistband to comfortably wear any IWB. I know everyone's partial to a certain make, but I don't think you'll do much better than a Crossbreed. Not for the money.

HOSSFLY 07-09-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weids (Post 863898)
I guess another option for me would be for me to carry my 1911 in the fall/winter in owb holster and carry my bersa in an iwb holster in the summer months, your thoughts?

My thoughts are to ask you--Whats more comfortable for you?
Thats the bottom line isn't it?