My new under 21 CCW
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My new under 21 CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Default My new under 21 CCW

So after looking around for a while at alternatives to handguns for a personal protection carry I finaly found something that works out pretty good.

The Ruger Stealth Concealed Carry Pepper Spray. It will go pretty good with my Gerber personal defence blade even though I dont often carry my knife due to concealment trouble. Anyways the way it works is the ruger symbol slides down revealing a blue switch that releases the acual pepper spray and the orange clip unlocks the press to release the spray. It clips on my belt perfectly and can spin in any direction for comfort.

forumrunner_20120206_234548.jpg

forumrunner_20120206_234644.jpg

forumrunner_20120206_234653.jpg

forumrunner_20120206_234630.jpg

forumrunner_20120206_234716.jpg

forumrunner_20120206_234622.jpg  

Have Gun....Will Travel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 AM   #2

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

That's pretty cool, I think everyone should carry a non-lethal 1st option. You're a smart man Jon..

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
That's pretty cool, I think everyone should carry a non-lethal 1st option. You're a smart man Jon..
Thanks very much it costs a lot less than a pistol too. It ran me $12 and refill cans are $3.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 02-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #4

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
That is a good secondary option to a firearm,so is a Taser. Although i would not recommend carrying a non lethal/less than lethal option with a firearm. If you are ever in a SD situation where you use your gun to stop a threat,even if you are 100% justified in doing so the court will tear you up. Their argument " if you were carrying pepper spray ,that means that you had a non lethal option at your disposal, but instead you chose to shoot and kill mr Dirtbag jr."i dont want the extra stress and headache.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d

Thanks very much it costs a lot less than a pistol too. It ran me $12 and refill cans are $3.
Before the department i worked for got Tasers,i went through a can of pepper spray a month. I firmly believe that you need to know first hand how potent your spray is. All sprays arent created equal, trust me.Does it say what the SHUs are for your spray?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #6

Definitely see what you're saying, better safe than Bubba's pillow.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

That is a good secondary option to a firearm,so is a Taser. Although i would not recommend carrying a non lethal/less than lethal option with a firearm. If you are ever in a SD situation where you use your gun to stop a threat,even if you are 100% justified in doing so the court will tear you up. Their argument " if you were carrying pepper spray ,that means that you had a non lethal option at your disposal, but instead you chose to shoot and kill mr Dirtbag jr."i dont want the extra stress and headache.
The only reason im carrying the pepperspray and not a handgun is becuase im under 21. Belive me I would feel much safer with a 1911 on my side. But as for now I would rather have pepper spray than nothing. Atleast buys me time untill the profesionals show up . Im not sure on the info of the spray. I have bought 3 of them and test sprayed them before buying this one to carry. Ive been sprayed once by a police officer in a pepper spray training class during my senior year at a tech career school for emergency responce tech. And I got a good bit during another class from backdraft of the spray in the wind. That milk seems useless to help the burning go away lol

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Definitely see what you're saying, better safe than Bubba's pillow.
Dang straight, even LEOs have to fight that argument in court. When i started carrying the X26 i did away with my spray all together.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Dang straight, even LEOs have to fight that argument in court. When i started carrying the X26 i did away with my spray all together.
Well now what am I supposed to put in my left pocket??? Dangit, where's that LCP thread...

Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d

The only reason im carrying the pepperspray and not a handgun is becuase im under 21. Belive me I would feel much safer witb a 1911 on my side. But as for now I would rather have pepper spray than nothin. Ittleast buys me time untill the profesionals show up . Im not sure on the info of the spray. I have bought 3 of them and test sprayed them before buying this one to carry. Ive been sprayed once by a police officer in a pepper spray training class during my senior year at a tech career school for emergency responce tech. And I got a good bit during another class from backdraft of the spray in the wind. That milk seems useless to help the burning go away lol
I totally understand,it is a good option since your not 21 yet. Pepper spray is nasty stuff, my preferred brand is Sabre Red, i always got instant results whenever i used it, its bad stuff. Ive been sprayed a total of 6 times during different trainings, water and milk only help as your running it on your face. For the most part it has to dissipate on its own