My New CCW is on it's way - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My New CCW is on it's way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousM3 View Post

I live in Arizona and open carry is quite common. I have a CCW but its not necessary for constitutional open carry, nor is it required for concealed carry except in certain situations. However I would not open carry with a holster that did not offer some kind of retention.
Don't get me wrong if you open carry i just ask you do it responsibly and pay attention to who is around you. I also believe that concealing is better for me i would rather the bad guy not know i have a firearm so I'm not a potential target and i don't have to worry about being taken and used against me and my family. Just my opinion. Thanks for your opinion, and he was useing a skeleton holster with his shirt tucked in it just bothered me. Plus it make some people nervous.

guns don't kill people, people kill people and if they take our guns then the bad guys will have them and we won't thay will be fear less of us.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #42

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

OK - The new CCW has arrived. Glock 22 40 caliber G3. I've been playing with it all day today. Reading the book, taking it apart and putting it back together again, cleaning it (even though it's it new.) working the action and felt it kind of smooth out a bit. Cleaned it and worked the action a while again to get any burrs or bad spots that may be on the slide or impeding the action. Also working the Magazines as they are very tight. Getting it ready for tomorrow or Monday when I can get to the range and shoot a couple boxes of shells through it. Couldn't get my night sights. The smith said that the tool wont fit as the front side is set a mm to far forward. He's checking with Glock to see if there's another tool or if Glock will replace the upper with a properly seated front sight.

Here's a couple of pics.

100_3169-1-.jpg   100_3170-1-.jpg  

No such thing as a "running start"
NRA, ILE, American Shooter

Old 05-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #43

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyllandhide

Don't get me wrong if you open carry i just ask you do it responsibly and pay attention to who is around you. I also believe that concealing is better for me i would rather the bad guy not know i have a firearm so I'm not a potential target and i don't have to worry about being taken and used against me and my family. Just my opinion. Thanks for your opinion, and he was useing a skeleton holster with his shirt tucked in it just bothered me. Plus it make some people nervous.
I believe that open carry may in fact make you less of a target. Who wants to mess with someone you know is armed? Wouldn't you choose another target? As for making people nervous so what? Some people are scared when the wind blows. I learned a long time ago you can't be overly concerned about what others think.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #44

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

I believe that open carry may in fact make you less of a target. Who wants to mess with someone you know is armed? Wouldn't you choose another target? As for making people nervous so what? Some people are scared when the wind blows. I learned a long time ago you can't be overly concerned about what others think.
I agree with the people being nervous i don't care if they are or not. But lets say your standing in a gas station and Mr bad guy comes to rob it. He look at you and seen your armed. Your the first target the biggest threat he sees. On the other hand if you conceal you can turn the tables with the element of ssuprise

guns don't kill people, people kill people and if they take our guns then the bad guys will have them and we won't thay will be fear less of us.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Carry Safe and Carry Often!

Dean

NRA Member
SASS Member (Alias-Marshal Slim Chisum)

Old 05-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #46

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyllandhide

I agree with the people being nervous i don't care if they are or not. But lets say your standing in a gas station and Mr bad guy comes to rob it. He look at you and seen your armed. Your the first target the biggest threat he sees. On the other hand if you conceal you can turn the tables with the element of ssuprise
I go by the theory that Mr bad guy sees me armed and picks another target

Old 05-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #47
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:

I go by the theory that Mr bad guy sees me armed and picks another target
That might be true, if he sees you seeing him. If he sees you not paying much attention, minding your own business, first he tags you, now he has two guns. Maybe he has a Jennings held together with shipping tape, and he sees your Colt, Kimber, Beretta, Glock as a step up.

Open carry always makes you a marked target.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

That might be true, if he sees you seeing him. If he sees you not paying much attention, minding your own business, first he tags you, now he has two guns. Maybe he has a Jennings held together with shipping tape, and he sees your Colt, Kimber, Beretta, Glock as a step up.

My point exactly. I would rather no one know than everyone know. Just ask soldier who gets attacked first he's gona say the guy with the biggest gun and when you are the only on thay see with a gun you got the biggest.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #49

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

I'll disagree with you till my last breath. If your argument is my guns are better than his so That makes me a target then I'll open carry confidently for the rest of my life. Fortunately my state believes in the constitutional right of its citizens to open carry or carry concealed. I've not seen any data that suggests persons that open carry are assaulted to a greater degree than those not displaying any weapon. If you choose not to open carry than so be it!

Old 05-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #50
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Some agree with me, some disagree. On an average day, everyone disagrees with me, so this is a pleasant refreshment.

In this day and age, is it Bonnie & Cliede we have to fear, or J Edgar Hoover?

If we hide it from one side, we hide it from both, and it has gotten to the point, I am more afraid of my gov than I am my enemy's.

I rarely drive anymore. I rarely go out. Seems staying in ones own shelter, any carry, but stay home is the best recipe for success.