My New CCW is on it's way - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My New CCW is on it's way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a 9mm+p critical defense rounds. I believe it the type of round not the size of bullet. Just me though I'm a pretty good shooter and placement is important as what to shoot so practice,practice, and then practice some more you can never be to good. Just sayin.

guns don't kill people, people kill people and if they take our guns then the bad guys will have them and we won't thay will be fear less of us.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #22

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigArmored View Post

You will not be displeased just bought my first recently and have no idea what took me so long to pick one up.
Yay!! That's encouraging!!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #23

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

I agree and the 9mm is a great caliber. Plus you must enjoy shooting it. That's kind of my point. If it hurts you'll never go to the range to shoot it. If you never shoot it, you never get better at it. If you have a 9mm with a Med frame that feels good to shoot and it's fun at the range, the next thing you know your not shooting at the targets but at the little post holding the targets because = your that good. That's what I was getting at. I didn't want the lady to take most advice they get from retail stores who say " how about a nice 380 or 22 or you little lady" because of their sex. Kind of frustrates me that they are stereo typed as soon as they go to the counter. My wife was. And now she shoots a Taurus Judge. We have a friend who is a magistrate judge and she carries a 357 Glock. They both tried many pistols and have the one's that feel good to them. Both can hit what they shoot at and enjoy going to the range together. I hope I didn't come across in a bad way and hope the lady doesn't settle for any less that what she is able to shoot and have fun with but protect herself at the same time.

No such thing as a "running start"
NRA, ILE, American Shooter

Last edited by peybella; 04-26-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #24

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Ok - what the heck is a CCW?

I understand CCP or CCL..... But W? I'm not getting it.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #25
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7768 Times on 4213 Posts
Likes Given: 16424

Weapon....

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 04-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #26

I just got word today - My new Glock 22 40 cal CCW is in and will ship Monday. CCW - Carry Conceal Weapon. Then the P11 goes back to the short magazine and around my ankle. The 32 that I've been carrying around my ankle goes around the wife's ankle and will back up her Taurus Judge. So she will have two revolvers as she's not comfortable with the slide on a semi frame. We should be covered fairly well from there.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #27

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Enjoy your new (for you) gun.

Jim

Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1287 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Congrats! You have joined over a million of us Floridians. Good to know more and more of us are getting prepared to defend ourselves and loved ones.

Furthermore, enjoy the new handgun!

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #29

Hey - Orlando - My son who lives in GA will be playing travel baseball at the little league baseball field in Orlando next month. I'm probably going to take a few days off to drive over and watch him play.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbs687
I'm glad you said that...because they kept saying that at the class, yet they told us for home protection the NRA doesn't recommended much more than a 357 for home protection (if I remember correctly). In the case that you miss your target, or it goes straight through to the next room. It was a tad confusing. First of all they talked about stopping power and what have you. I've never been shot, but I would guess it doesn't feel good, no matter what the caliber. Especially if I clear my mag. I've been around guns my whole life, and I've always been taught to know my target, and what is beyond that target. If I'm potentially putting someone else life in danger...I feel like I would need to rethink the situation.
It hurts like hell