My IWB Holster for my 8-3/8" Raging Bull - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My IWB Holster for my 8-3/8" Raging Bull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I will give you this; if you empty that thing and still have a threat, you could bash the living crap out of pretty much anything.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I will give you this; if you empty that thing and still have a threat, you could bash the living crap out of pretty much anything.
True!

My panties aren't a wad at all. Sorry if my post came off that way, I was just being sarcastic.

I know I've tried heavier/bulkier guns, but they don't work for me at all. Use what works for you, just consider what I have said. You seem to have your mind made up that what you have is the besy option, I'm just disagreeing with you, wholeheartedly.

I use a Theis IWB holster that conceals and positions my firearm for drawing very easily and comfortable. You might want to give him a call and try one. I'm not a big guy 6'3" 195lbs, so I can't carry those big hog legs!

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

I also have the little Raspberry LCP in a Pocket Nemesis holster.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I also have the little Raspberry LCP in a Pocket Nemesis holster.
{points and laughs}

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:21 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Heh no worries, Gojubrian. Sarcasm doesn't always come through the internet :P .

I don't think I have the best option. I've said multiple times in one way or another that I'm just content enough to not feel the need to spend $700 on another weapon system. It would be a poor misinterpretation to think I believe I have the best setup out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood
If I were going into battle, indeed I'd definitely prefer 18 rounds of [good] 9mm
Quote:
Clearly this isn't the best CC defensive setup.
But, it is really that with this weapon, I can do everything I want to do well enough that I don't feel the need to spend $500-$700 on another platform when I'd rather put that money into practice and training with this.
Quote:
but, as mentioned, I'm content enough with carrying the Bull that I haven't felt the need to purchase anything else.
However, if you are bothered enough to buy me a G34 I'd definitely put it to good use!

I've actually been talking to Theis about making me a holster. Since "making" my own my need has obviously dropped a lot, though, so I haven't pressed it.

As far as clubbing, I've wondered about it. My worry is that the force with which it would hit might warp the frame!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:07 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Interesting setup. Not my thing, but glad you made it work for you.
Only thing I would be really concerned about (safety wise) with that setup, is the exposed trigger.
Sit down in the car, and catch the trigger on the seat belt buckle or get it snagged on something else in everyday life (like a pogo stick) , you could have a ND and things could get messy in a big hurry.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 08-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You are very right. That is the biggest reason I still have to get an actual IWB holster made. Normally, when the holster is mounted OWB, the retention strap goes around the hammer, preventing the action from cycling. Indeed, without the strap, it is still technically possible for the exposed trigger to be actuated. I had thought about trying to sew in some stiff fabric to cover it, but decided I'd be more likely to just mess up something that already worked well enough :P .