My interrupted morning - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My interrupted morning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman

Around here we call that "wolfing". Typical tactic used by thug wannabes. It works until you show them the grizzly bear.

You did fine, though I would have been the first one to call 911. The first caller is usually seen as the victim...but being in a jurisdiction where you are known...you were golden anyway. But if you're NOT in home turf...call.

I still don't understand the mindset of the numbnuts who starts a ruckus, then claims to be the victim when he gets his butt handed back to him. I used to see that all the freakin' time. I loved the look on their faces when the instigator wound up catching charges.

I had to teach a rookie "coppin' skills" one night at a Circle K.

A knucklehead came into the store (drunk) giving the clerk, who he knew a load of personal crap about supposed hitting on his wife.

A cab driver of my aquaintance was at the store eating a meal behind the counter (we used to call this store his office). The cabbie was a good guy, army vet, going to college and working full time.

Anyway...the clerk goes outside the store to talk to the drunk's wife, leaving the cab driver in the store with the angry drunk.

The cabbie gets up to leave, and the drunk bars his way and won't let him pass. The cabbie asks several times to get by, and the drunk subject starts making verbal threats.

The cab driver tried one more time to go around the drunk, and the drunk barred his exit again.

The cab driver then put his hands on the drunks shoulders and "re-directed" him out of his way and left.

The cabbie got into his cab, and drove to a parking lot next door and called 911.

I responded on the heels of a fresh-off-probation rookie who was going to charge the cabbie with assault.

I took the rook aside, and we watched the security tape, and he saw exactly what the cabbie told him had happened.

I explained that by barring the cabbie's exit, he was now illegally imprisoning the cabbie as well as restricting his right to travel, and a case COULD be made for kidnapping (would NEVER stick, but it's a good filler charge).

The cabbie had every right to take physical action to facilitate his exit from a potentially dangerous situation involving an aggressive drunk who had already made verbal threats, and was capable of carrying out the threats (proximity and ability).

Then the wife of the drunk claimed the cabbie had "grabbed his f-ing gun and threatened to shoot us". WRONG. The security tape showed the driver had never placed his hand anywhere near his gun, and went straight from the door of the store to his cab and drove to the adjacent parking lot to call 911.

I gave the cab driver my card and cell number and told him to have his dispatcher or boss call me if the knuckleheads tried to make trouble for him with his job.

By the way...this was 1999. The cab driver is now an emergency room doctor.
I enjoyed reading tht, that is a really good instance.. Its nothing new that a terds wife will lie her butt off when her POS husband is committing a crime. That just goes to show that she is just as big a. POS as he is.. I used to let them fill out a statement and sign it then charge them for making a false statement......but you are exactly right, i should have been the first one to call

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis