You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

My house was broken into today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I amglad u and your family are safe, the dog thing is very true. I have twonlarge labs and they are VERY protective of my children and THEIR home. They would mess up someone, but that someone would probably never come in because we taught both of them to bark like crazy when anyone comes to any door of our home. People just dont realize how powerful a big strong dog is, mine would seriously get into your ass. I feel for u my friend on being upset, sounds silly but all the important things in your life r unharmed thank god. The LEO had great advice, bet someone saw tnem. I talk to my cop friends all the time and i am just amazes how truly stupid bad guys r

Old 02-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #52

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

-------LATEST UPDATE------

Here it is, Sunday night, 8:06 PM. I'm sitting on the couch watching Tangled with my 2 year old little girl for the 500th time. I know all the songs. I'm powerless against her.

We got all the doors fixed, dead bolts and a reinforced door jam on the one that got kicked I'm. We finally broke down and got the big fancy gun safe we wanted and got all the super valuable stuff (like my little girls piggy bank) locked up.

My sweet little wife finally got a good night sleep last night, and wanted to skip church and take a road trip down to cabelas. All is ok in my home once more.

I want to personally thank everyone who responded to my thread. Knowing there are decent people out there that you don't know and never met, but are genuinely concerned for a strangers family and well being really does help you see the light at the other end of the tunnel. If any of you ever find yourself in the Ogden UT area, send me a PM and the Coca cola is on me.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #53

Liked 1971 Times on 1035 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Glad things are getting back to normal for you and your family, I can't imagine how stressful that must have been for you.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #54

Liked 590 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 536

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
I want to personally thank everyone who responded to my thread. Knowing there are decent people out there that you don't know and never met, but are genuinely concerned for a strangers family and well being really does help you see the light at the other end of the tunnel. If any of you ever find yourself in the Ogden UT area, send me a PM and the Coca cola is on me.
You're very welcome. Life can suck to no end sometimes and jerks like the ones that violated your home don't make it any easier. Personally, I fight like hell to re-affirm peoples faith in humanity, as its always the first to get hit. I'm glad I found this diverse group myself. Glad to hear things are getting back to normal.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #55

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I have 5 German Shepherds and I was still getting robed! Without telling any one I installed "wild game" cameras and I caught pictures of my wifeís brother and her sisterís husband - - - they had made good friends of the dogs.

These cameras are under $50.00 now and I have mine set to take 1 minute of video any time tripped - - - Put a large memory card in them so they hold about 3 weeks before re writing the card.

I only check them if I notice something or am just checking. Good evidence in court!

Old 02-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
I have 5 German Shepherds and I was still getting robed! Without telling any one I installed "wild game" cameras and I caught pictures of my wife’s brother and her sister’s husband - - - they had made good friends of the dogs.

These cameras are under $50.00 now and I have mine set to take 1 minute of video any time tripped - - - Put a large memory card in them so they hold about 3 weeks before re writing the card.

I only check them if I notice something or am just checking. Good evidence in court!
U have to train ur dogs if u have more then one bc they have to fight for ur love so when new ppl come they just want pated. And my dog permitly handicapped a robber bc he even touched the tv. Lol it was actually kind of funny the way he was crying .

Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #57
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Here's a great place to get security equipment http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm

My neighbor had some crackheads break in, they returned three times over the course of a week and finally got busted. They recovered some of the stuff but not all of it. The stuff that they never recovered tallied up to $15K.

Sounds like crackhead neighbors who were planning on returning. Get a motion sensor security camera that can be remotely accessed. They have them on X10 for around $100.