Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   My house was broken into today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/my-house-broken-into-today-57764/)

theropinfool 02-15-2012 04:17 AM

My house was broken into today

I'm sitting on my couch, still so pissed off I could spit nails.

I got home today a little later than usual. I had my 2 year old little girl with me. She wanted to watch her princess show, I was clearing off a spot on the counter to put the flowers and card I'd got for my wife. I headed toward the back door it get some steaks out of the freezer when I noticed my back door was kicked in.

What do you do in a situation like this? I grabbed my little girl, ran to my room, which had been ransacked, to grab my gun, which luckily was there still. I can't carry at work, so I usually leave it home within easy access of were my wife and I sleep.

After calling the police and going through my house it looks like they only stole my Nintendo wii and my little girls piggy bank. What kind of sick bastard steals a little girls piggy bank?

I feel so violated and pissed off. I really think if I'd been home they'd be cleaning the blood from my carpet. I don't own, we rent, my landlord is a hell of a good guy, says he's having metal doors installed tomorrow, after which my wife and I plan on getting a bigger better safe.

I'm so pissed off these sons of bitches came in my home and stole from me. Stole from my little girl. My wife and I both work, I leave early on the morning, my wife does to. What the hell more can I do to stop them? So pissed right now. Cowards.

winds-of-change 02-15-2012 04:21 AM

I wonder if it's someone who knows you. Who breaks into a house and only steals a piggy bank and a Wii? I know you feel violated, I would too, but it could have been much worse. The steel doors will help. I had steel doors installed last summer with dead bolts.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

rjd3282 02-15-2012 04:23 AM

Had that happen too I know how you feel. In my case they did more damage to the house getting in than the value of what they took.

vincent 02-15-2012 04:24 AM

WOW!! :eek: So sorry, at least everyone is okay. That's my worst freakin' nightmare. :mad:

Car54 02-15-2012 04:30 AM

It's one of your neighbor's kids. Who's close by that has a 13-17 year old?

Tackleberry1 02-15-2012 04:35 AM

Obvious money, "piggy bank" and a video game sounds like kids to me.

Tack

theropinfool 02-15-2012 04:41 AM

I really don't know a lot of my neighbors. We've only lived here about 8 months. Other than going to church we aren't around much. The nearest neighbor is about a quarter mile away. I just don't get it. It's an old house on the edge of town. Really pissed they stole from my little girl. We think it probably was some teenager cutting school. Some folks down the road have people showing up all the time. Probably cooking meth. Can't even think strait. So pissed.

XxChino13xX 02-15-2012 05:11 AM

Sorry to hear about what happened, sounds like typical street scum. My old house got broken into years ago, what the person didn't realize is that we ran a pit bull rescue. So whoever it was walked into a house with a bunch of pit bulls, we found a little trail of blood on the tile when we got home, back door jimmied open and our fence leaning to the side. Luckily they didn't get a chance to take anything, still felt violated though.

Muliemaster 02-15-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theropinfool
I really don't know a lot of my neighbors. We've only lived here about 8 months. Other than going to church we aren't around much. The nearest neighbor is about a quarter mile away. I just don't get it. It's an old house on the edge of town. Really pissed they stole from my little girl. We think it probably was some teenager cutting school. Some folks down the road have people showing up all the time. Probably cooking meth. Can't even think strait. So pissed.

Sorry to hear that but at least an I know it dont mean much but at least thats all they got it could have been worse we own an operate a ranch here in new mexico, while we were in albuqurque at the dr I had to have a shoulder surgey some jackass broke in our house an garage an then light fire to my truck which spread to the barn killin 3 paints ,never caught them. Try to make the best of it tho , get a rope right

Durangokid 02-15-2012 05:30 AM

Ropin, sorry to hear of your home invasion. Problem is being able to feel safe about leaving the place alone. Anyone who kicks your door in is a threat regardless of age. As we know a coyote will often return to the kill.:(