My friends and family think I'm a nut because.... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

My friends and family think I'm a nut because....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 02:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Carrying concealed to me means no one suspects I am carrying. Are you advertising and showing it off to them? The advantage of carrying concealed means the bad guy won't take you out first to eliminate the threat.

Im just sayin'
What are you talking about? Did you read the post? I'm carrying AT HOME. I asked if anyone else does. I didn't say anything about concealed carry. If I'm out and about I carry concealed but that's not the intent of this thread.

Ruger SR1911 Commander
Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

Old 03-17-2014, 02:48 AM   #22

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
90% of the time I am carrying.. even when home... on my hip. It is (IMHO) the safest way to have a loaded firearm in the house where kids are involved. The only time I do not carry is when I sleep (next to me on my nightstand)... or when it's illegal to do so (my son's school, goberment buildings, arena hockey games & concerts etc. etc.).... The rest of my arsenal is always locked away in the safe w/ the ammo in separate locked ammo containers when not in use or cleaning and therefore under my control.

So in my judgement the answer is no... You are not a "nut" (and you're probably being called this by others who do not even OWN a firearm)... You are being a responsible gun owner and keeping it directly in your control at all times... period!!
No longer illegal here now since HB937...

If I go out then return home, I don't take my sidearm off until it's time to go to bed...

If I'm just staying home, I don't wear it though. In my matchbox house, I couldn't get 20 feet away from a firearm if I tried...

I don't blame you one bit for being vigilant Terry, not a thing wrong with that...
Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 AM   #23

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

You are in no way a "gun nut" while carrying at home. Now if you were wearing body armor your house, then one might have a *valid* reason to think this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Terry,

There is nothing at all wrong with having a weapon available while at home or elsewhere. I have heard the wind blow before concerning those who think it is obserb to do so! But many have had to stand by while their family was accosted, seriously injured, raped, and even killed. And I am sure they wished if they were lucky to survive, would have had one available and known how to use it! The fact of believing for one minute that "IT WON"T HAPPEN HERE OR TO US! is a figment of the imagination! It happens every day YES! in America!
I never leave home without a semi-auto pistol at least! And as far as the home and office, there is a weapon within reach in each place always. Including a double barrel shotgun, Glock Model 27 40 Cal. And ARs throughuot both locations. As Bill Jordan of Boarder Patrol fame advised years ago! There is No Second Place Winners! And when it comes to me and the family I intend on Winning! And will have no hesitation to neutralize any serious threat to their well being if you follow what I am saying. So you are the smart one! Not them!
Here is a picture of the Encyclopedia that sets by my Lazy Boy at home while watching TV in the evening. And the area! Need to finish it but it will surfice in the mean time. Got the book from a neighbor who was throwing it away If anyone needs to know how to make one I can post it!Attachment 139271

Attachment 139272
Please post a tutorial, mine always look bad when I *try* to do it!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 AM   #24

Liked 120 Times on 92 Posts

Carrying a gun at all times, even at home, is a must for me. And if not then it's at least in close reach. Like a foot or two away. I kind of get the funny look from my wife when she sees me carry two guns though, but not when carrying around the house.

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 03-17-2014, 02:54 AM   #25
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1043 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDM View Post
What are you talking about? Did you read the post? I'm carrying AT HOME. I asked if anyone else does. I didn't say anything about concealed carry. If I'm out and about I carry concealed but that's not the intent of this thread.
I carry at home as well and I carry concealed why advertise? Mine know me and are aware that "Dad" is ready!
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:03 AM   #26

Liked 120 Times on 92 Posts

Default My friends and family think I'm a nut because....

Quote:

I think she feels the way Rob does in this video
http://youtu.be/LlojGZeu6GAAnd yes I know the thread wasn't about that, just saying

Never enough guns or ammo
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:09 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
What I AM talking about is if you carry concealed away from home, why do you feel you have a need to wear it on the outside at home and give your family a reason to even think about the gun. Do you feel more 'manly' by wearing it about the house?
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:12 AM   #28

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I conceal carry all the time, even at home. Here's my rule -- if I'm not naked, I'm carrying, with no exceptions.
towboater Likes This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 AM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I carry at home. I even take to bathroom when in shower.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 03:22 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperUSMC View Post
I carry at home. I even take to bathroom when in shower.
a little too much info there, Casper
towboater Likes This