Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   My first day open carrying (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/my-first-day-open-carrying-66420/)

ZombieBrawler 06-14-2012 09:00 PM

My first day open carrying

Well today was my first day open carrying in nevada. Im 20 years old and here it is perfectly legal to open carry as of 18. I went to lunch with my father who is also a huge firearm fan and we had just gone shooting. I was doing my carry completley legal, holsterered and everything. Right when we walked in this old guy spurts off to his wife "gahhh every time you turn around these days someones doing something ****ing crazy!" pointing me out. Its crazy how much people freak out when you exercise your rights. Note: everyone else saw and heard and payed no attention. Hmph.

orangello 06-14-2012 09:03 PM

Was it a glock or something?

rjd3282 06-14-2012 09:52 PM

You should have told the old guy that walking around with no means of self defense is a pretty crazy thing to do.

mountainman13 06-14-2012 09:55 PM

Or that talking **** about someone with a gun is crazy. Lol

ZombieBrawler 06-14-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello
Was it a glock or something?

My xdm .45 4.5"

ZombieBrawler 06-14-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Or that talking **** about someone with a gun is crazy. Lol

Yeah that kinda hoes against logic, **** talk the guy with the gun for nothing haha dont poke the bear!!

okdonk 06-14-2012 10:04 PM

I'm a Nevada Resident too. Yes it's true, it's completely legal to open carry. And yet i have Nevada, Utah & Florida permits.
I will not open carry as some people don't understand or don't know that it's completely legal. I just like to stay low profile and avoid unneccessary attentions.

ZombieBrawler 06-14-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okdonk
I'm a Nevada Resident too. Yes it's true, it's completely legal to open carry. And yet i have Nevada, Utah & Florida permits.
I will not open carry as some people don't understand or don't know that it's completely legal. I just like to stay low profile and avoid unneccessary attentions.

Understood however im only 20 so i cant conceal. Next year ill have my ccw until then i will exercise my right to open carry. Its use it or lose it man

naf84 06-14-2012 10:37 PM

I mostly just don't understand the balls that some people have when they open their mouths in public haha.

orangello 06-14-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler (Post 836431)
My xdm .45 4.5"

Well, that certainly isn't crazy. He probably just saw the polymer and thought you had a Glock on.
;)

Some dude once said something like "If you are concerned with what other people think of you, make them happy; if you are concerned with being happy, don't worry about them" or something like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naf84 (Post 836479)
I mostly just don't understand the balls that some people have when they open their mouths in public haha.

I am not a fan of public ball-gargling myself; some things should be done in private.