Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   My first day ever carrying concealed, and it felt pretty cool, but mostly normal (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/my-first-day-ever-carrying-concealed-felt-pretty-cool-but-mostly-normal-74699/)

TheNYResistance 10-20-2012 04:00 AM

In my home state, NYS, the laws are very vague and being caught with a gun even with an unrestricted permit could cause you trouble, most cops know jack $hit about the law and feel that when in doubt, book 'em.

Anywho. With that risk in mind, I took my gun out (G27) in my desantis sof-tuk, not great, but for $25 bucks you can't ask for more. I carried with an empty chamber as I am still getting used to this but will one day rack the slide before heading out. Maybe when I get my crossbreed supertuk in the mail next week.

Mostly I felt pretty normal. I checked the gun while walking to my car when I left the hippy whole foods-like store in tone of the rougher parts of town, it felt like it was loose and i wanted to make sure it was there. a mistake i will try to avoid in the future. i came home knowing I exercised my constitutional right to keep and bear arms, this was a good day.

JonM 10-20-2012 04:25 AM

you must be a high ranking backer of bloomberg lol only his inner squad are allowed ccw in new york!!

heh

but seriously congrats :)

TheNYResistance 10-20-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
you must be a high ranking backer of bloomberg lol only his inner squad are allowed ccw in new york!!

heh

I live outside of the city, but I will be hiring a lawyer to get my carry business in the city. Though to put up nearly 3k for a 50/50 chance I'll get the permit though.

The state outside of the 5 boroughs is a little easier, more a pain in the ass than anything else.

fupuk 10-20-2012 04:53 AM

Congrats. I carry a Glock 17 at the moment and only carried it unchambered for about two days while walking around my house. Now its always loaded no mater where its at. But ive had the gun for a year and have put alot of rounds down range with it. Next purchace for a carry gun im thinking is gonna be a Glock 20. Going to look at one on Monday.

danf_fl 10-20-2012 11:45 AM

As time goes on, you will "feel" if something is loose or whatever.

Be careful, be safe, and good luck.

jimogden1984 10-20-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
As time goes on, you will "feel" if something is loose or whatever.

Be careful, be safe, and good luck.

A time goes on you'll also feel weird when you don't have it on your side

GaryGlock 10-20-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimogden1984

A time goes on you'll also feel weird when you don't have it on your side

I get a wierd nervous feeling sometimes when I don't carry.

TheNYResistance 10-22-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryGlock

I get a wierd nervous feeling sometimes when I don't carry.

I used my smart carry holster today, I loved it, so comfortable and the thing vanishes.

Gh0zt36 10-23-2012 09:47 PM

I remember my first day carrying I was nervous as I could be . I was carrying a glock 20 10mm and was sure everyone could see it . And funny enough they could lol the 20 is huge and prints like mad . But now I carry appendix at 12:30-1 o' clock and that will hide ANYTHING .

But regardless that first day I was going to the local gas station " oh **** COPS!!!! " I kept going lol By the third day I didnt even really notice I had it on me anymore. and now almost a year later its like putting my wallet in my back pocket only its a smith 627 pro .357 in my appendix holster. No worries.

Congrats sir. May you never need it.

magnumman 10-23-2012 09:55 PM

Congrats, consider yourself lucky in NY. It just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside don't it?