Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My CCW experience today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

Running 120 days in Nevada. I'm on day 85-86?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 380 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Quote:
There is a big difference between laws that have been on the books for many, many years... and new law that would reclassify LAC's as criminals should they refuse to comply... but of course your trolling, tea and crumpet self already knew that.

Tack
Hi Tackleberry1 glad to see you are communicating i will sleep better tonight. I am going now to have my afternoon tea and watch my video collection of the Queen.

Quote:
have never figured out their way of thinking , and owe us for the two times we saved em from becoming Nazi speaking slaves
America got involved in WW2 for its own interests not to prevent the uk from becoming Nazi speaking slaves.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #23

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Hi Tackleberry1 glad to see you are communicating i will sleep better tonight. I am going now to have my afternoon tea and watch my video collection of the Queen.

America got involved in WW2 for its own interests not to prevent the uk from becoming Nazi speaking slaves.
America saved the UK in WWII because all of our Aircraft Carriers were tied up in the Pacific. We needed the British Isles to get our Aircraft and Troops within striking distance.

UK = "American Staging Area"... Were quite proud of the fact that it only took us roughly 160 years to find a "useful purpose" for this land mass and it's inhabitants.

Tack
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #24

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Manta,
You need a history lesson..... Europe would have perished, too bad the Europeans don't appreciate the efforts. Back to tea and Benny Hill, carry on.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #25

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurpshooter60 View Post
LMAO ,yea the brits are very strange are they not?I have never figured out their way of thinking , and owe us for the two times we saved em from becoming nazi speaking slaves, not to mention the two wars they lost to us ,revolutionary war, war of 1812, they have to stop fighting to have their tea lol.No wonder they lost their gun rights to busy drinking tea and worrying about who is gonna take the throne when the old dino queen finnaly does pass on .
They began civilization as "subjects" of the Roman Empire...

The Romans figured out that there was noting of value... and left.

They naturally fought among themselves for power... landed on another monarch... "as subjugation" was in their DNA... and continued on.

Yeah, yeah... Magna Carta... Common Law... Bla Bla Bla

Some people just don't know what to do with themselves unless their being TOLD what to do.

A mentality that unfortunately still dominates Western Europe.

Tack

Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #26
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20845 Times on 11849 Posts
Likes Given: 52372

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

Hmmmmm.......remember the Lend Lease Program? here's a link to help you brush up on your history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #27

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

All men are created equally, no? Not just Americans... Don't try to pretend like we don't have any sheep here ;p I don't hate the crumpet&tea lovers.. Just their government ;p same goes for our country too tho. I feel like we are taking the racism too far without enough "Lols" or "jks"

But that's just my 2 cents... Not my forum or post ;p

Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #28

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In the United States not every state has the same laws. There are very restrictive states like NY,Ill.,California. There are semi restrictive state which allow limited carry no open carry but CCW with training requirements. There are Constitutional gun rights states where no licenses or permits are needed to carry open or concealed. Alaska,Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming.
In America unlike England our states have very different individual laws on many things. In many states if you have a current CCW permit you do not have to pass a BGC to purchase.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #29
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1306 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 603

Manta, there is a huge difference in a background check done with the individual's consent to obtain a privilege from the State (concealed carry) and a background check run without consent and without permission for nefarious reasons, at least in the eyes of an American. The ones forum members are always railing against are the latter.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #30
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1306 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3
Here in Oklahoma the permit process can and does take 90 to 120 days from time of submitting paperwork. I do question to some extent the reasoning of some of the applicants. In the carry class I attended, some of the folks had never handled a gun in their lives. They did get their 50 rounds down range, hit the target a few times and managed not to shoot any class members. The point is, shouldn't they be more aware of handling and safety with firearms. The class was more geared on legalities. Heaven help they should ever have to pull a gun in defense. The outcome may be a disaster.
I'm with Axxe on this one. I think the qualification for CCW should be an NRA pistol course, the state required course and a follow-up 30-60 days later by either. This at least forces the applicant into a gun handling and shooting situation three times before they get into a shooting situation and would help to get the mindset started that this isn't an "apply and forget" process.

It's absolutely incomprehensible to me that people get a drivers license and then drive (practice) every day, but feel no need to hit the range once a month with a deadly weapon.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

axxe55 Likes This