Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My CCW experience today.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I thought there were no background checks in America. I am surprised that some on this forum would comply with background checks with all the talk of standing up to government and not complying regards gun controls. Still its better than here.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #12

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
I thought there were no background checks in America. I am surprised that some on this forum would comply with background checks with all the talk of standing up to government and not complying regards gun controls. Still its better than here.
Been background checks for awhile----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19985 Times on 11361 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
yes there are background checks. when you purchase a firearm from an FFL they call in for a background check. when you apply for a CC permit they do a background check. been that way for several years now.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #14

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB98338
I thought I would follow up on this. I had received my replacement permit and found that it expires May 2013. I wend down to the sheriff office on 4/15 about 10:30am, had to wait about 15 minutes to do the renewal. Got my new permit today in the mail. Pretty impressed with the service this time.
Lol man I would have been frustrated as hell glad it went ok this time.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
who does the background checks and issues the permits then? In Ohio, you have to pay money to the county sheriff to do your background check, so they know who does and who does not have a permit.
Jefferson county sheriffs office did mine, i took the class then took my paperwork with cert that i had done the class next day i was carrying.And i am also in Ohio.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:
You thought wrong ,most all gun sales require a background check in america,unless you are a dealer everyone has to have one unless you buy it from an individual, but that is subject to change soon i think.But even then that gun ever gets used in a crime be sure you have a bill of sale from when you sold that gun to whom ever it was you sold it too.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #17

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here in Oklahoma the permit process can and does take 90 to 120 days from time of submitting paperwork. I do question to some extent the reasoning of some of the applicants. In the carry class I attended, some of the folks had never handled a gun in their lives. They did get their 50 rounds down range, hit the target a few times and managed not to shoot any class members. The point is, shouldn't they be more aware of handling and safety with firearms. The class was more geared on legalities. Heaven help they should ever have to pull a gun in defense. The outcome may be a disaster.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19985 Times on 11361 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
Here in Oklahoma the permit process can and does take 90 to 120 days from time of submitting paperwork. I do question to some extent the reasoning of some of the applicants. In the carry class I attended, some of the folks had never handled a gun in their lives. They did get their 50 rounds down range, hit the target a few times and managed not to shoot any class members. The point is, shouldn't they be more aware of handling and safety with firearms. The class was more geared on legalities. Heaven help they should ever have to pull a gun in defense. The outcome may be a disaster.
IMO, the covering of the legalities is very important. i think that for beginners, they might put more emphasis on the handling and use of a firearm. my also have always advocated, that a person practice on a regular basis.

i will also add this, just because a person is legal to carry and can doesn't always mean they should. carrying is a very huge responsibility and if not treated peoperly can be more liability for the person than asset.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #19

Liked 4558 Times on 2204 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Quote:
There is a big difference between laws that have been on the books for many, many years... and new law that would reclassify LAC's as criminals should they refuse to comply... but of course your trolling, tea and crumpet self already knew that.

Tack
Old 04-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
There is a big difference between laws that have been on the books for many, many years... and new law that would reclassify LAC's as criminals should they refuse to comply... but of course your trolling, tea and crumpet self already knew that.

Tack
LMAO ,yea the brits are very strange are they not?I have never figured out their way of thinking , and owe us for the two times we saved em from becoming nazi speaking slaves, not to mention the two wars they lost to us ,revolutionary war, war of 1812, they have to stop fighting to have their tea lol.No wonder they lost their gun rights to busy drinking tea and worrying about who is gonna take the throne when the old dino queen finnaly does pass on .