Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My cc classs is on sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sorry Gearhead, it is a big deal. simply because of attitudes such as this is what puts our gun rights in jeapordy. illegal is illegal irregardless your intentions when it comes to the law. what seperates you from the thugs who do the same thing, carrying illegally? nothing. in breaking the law, you would be judged no differently. idiotic antics such as this is what gives all the law abiding gun owners a black eye and gives more fuel to those who want to strip our 2nd admendment rights away. sorry if this sounds cruel, but sorry just doesn't cut it for me. you committed and illegal act and acted irresponsibly and you have lost losts of credibility with me. you knew it's illegal but you felt you were above the law. good day to you as i have nothing further to say to you anymore.
i agree with this statement but at the same time a lot of illegal cc could be stopped if more states were like the one i live in and made it more convenient to get a cc license. you can get your cc here in Alabama in about 15 minutes no classes they run a full background check your instantly disqualified without approval from the sheriff if you have ever been arrested for anything... of course its not as safe as taking a class like in Texas and many other states but we dont exactly have problems either....

Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #32

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I am also in AL, and appreciate the quick process. But, 20 years ago I watched people picking up permits for their friends who were not present, in small county courthouses. The proceeds for permits go into the Sheriff's slush fund, and the process is not consistent from county to county (at least it did not use to be). Our relaxed process also limits the number of states that recognize our permit. For many years I carried a Florida permit, for reciprocity with other southeastern states (TN GA, etc) that did not recognize my Alabama permit. That has improved, so I did not renew my Florida CCL. It is also nice paying $7.50 for my annual renewal.

It would be nice if states agreed on a standard and all reciprocated. Obviously those Obama states (CA, IL, NY...) will never come that far. And I think a safety course is a reasonable requirement.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #33

Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Axxeman I usually agree with but on this one I'll have to disagree. A concealed carry permit is nothing more than a tax on carrying a firearm which places it squarely in the infringement category. Therefore it is an illegal tax. In my state you can carry open for free so why do I suddenly need to pay for class and a permit to flip my shirt over it? CCW permits are an infringement of 2A.

In Ohio it's going to cost you about 150 bucks to get a cc permit. What the government is telling us is, if you are to poor to afford it you have no right to defend yourself. If that isn't an infringement nothing is.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post
I am also in AL, and appreciate the quick process. But, 20 years ago I watched people picking up permits for their friends who were not present, in small county courthouses. The proceeds for permits go into the Sheriff's slush fund, and the process is not consistent from county to county (at least it did not use to be). Our relaxed process also limits the number of states that recognize our permit. For many years I carried a Florida permit, for reciprocity with other southeastern states (TN GA, etc) that did not recognize my Alabama permit. That has improved, so I did not renew my Florida CCL. It is also nice paying $7.50 for my annual renewal.

It would be nice if states agreed on a standard and all reciprocated. Obviously those Obama states (CA, IL, NY...) will never come that far. And I think a safety course is a reasonable requirement.
thats why i also carry a Pennsylvania permit i go to PA frequently and the do not recognize my Alabama permit it is kind of a hassle would be nice if all the states could agree on something... the course is a reasonable requirement but i do believe thats why alot of people dont get a cc and maybe why the op waited so long to get his.. maybe wrong... dont see any other reason to wait to get a cc you dont even need to won a gun to get one...

Last edited by Rtyauch; 08-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #35
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16867 Times on 9774 Posts
Likes Given: 43989

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Axxeman I usually agree with but on this one I'll have to disagree. A concealed carry permit is nothing more than a tax on carrying a firearm which places it squarely in the infringement category. Therefore it is an illegal tax. In my state you can carry open for free so why do I suddenly need to pay for class and a permit to flip my shirt over it? CCW permits are an infringement of 2A.

In Ohio it's going to cost you about 150 bucks to get a cc permit. What the government is telling us is, if you are to poor to afford it you have no right to defend yourself. If that isn't an infringement nothing is.
RJD, i agree that it is an illegal tax and in a sense does infringe upon the 2nd admendment, but until it's reversed, there isn't any legal way around it. in Texas, if caught carrying concealed without a permit, you will be arrested and could jeapordize your ability to own a firearm. personally i feel the only permit needed is the 2nd admendment. i believe we as gun owners are gaining ground, albeit slowly and painfully, as more states are passing Castle Laws and allowing CC. but for someone to disregard the law and do it illegally, doesn't help the cause in one bit, but gives credence to what the liberal gun haters spout off about. this is something we law abiding gun owners can't afford.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #36

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

RJD, i agree that it is an illegal tax and in a sense does infringe upon the 2nd admendment, but until it's reversed, there isn't any legal way around it. in Texas, if caught carrying concealed without a permit, you will be arrested and could jeapordize your ability to own a firearm. personally i feel the only permit needed is the 2nd admendment. i believe we as gun owners are gaining ground, albeit slowly and painfully, as more states are passing Castle Laws and allowing CC. but for someone to disregard the law and do it illegally, doesn't help the cause in one bit, but gives credence to what the liberal gun haters spout off about. this is something we law abiding gun owners can't afford.
Did not look at it from that point of view you made me realize its selfish to do guess thanks for the insight old guys do know there **** lol jk jk about the old guy thing but even though you are haha

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 08-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #37

Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by connectegr View Post

We do have a standard it's called the Second Amendment. The argument here should be how do we make the state governments live up to the standard. There is nothing wrong with civil disobedience if the laws are violating your rights.