Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My cc classs is on sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Not gonna lie have carried illegally in the past but on very rare occasions and in dangerous ones onlt better a fine than not be safe sorry all you cops out there come Sunday I'll have my certificate and to all he thinks it's a HUGE deal to carry without a permit but here in south Texas it's a daily occurrence if the thugs are carrying I am to finally gonna be doing it legally though

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 08-16-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

I appreciate the honesty.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #13

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Not gonna lie have carried illegally in the past but on very rare occasions and in dangerous ones onlt better a fine than not be safe sorry all you cops out there come Sunday I'll have my certificate and to all he thinks it's a HUGE deal to carry without a permit but here in south Texas it's a daily occurrence if the thugs are carrying I am to finally gonna be doing it legally though
After reading your post a few times in order to try and figure out what you're trying to say, I had to give up.
I can guess that you're admitting to carrying illegally. While I can understand the desire (hell I live in IL, I WANT TO carry everyday) but I understand the consequences are severe if I get caught. I do not wan't to give up my right to own firearms. Also, consider this, by you doing this you set back the rest of us. If you get caught carrying illegally you become a statistic for the anti's. I can almost guarantee that I am in or near worse areas than you are, and I would like to carry and I still hold out hope that IL will someday soon pass CC (we were close last time), so I am not going to ruin any chance I might have by doing something stupid. Only time I CC is at work (private property) or at home.

Last edited by JD1969; 08-16-2012 at 03:09 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #14

Understand exactly what you mean good thing I'll be gettin my license soon anyone know how long it takes to get the actual Id card in after the class is completed ? And like I said do not carry illigly all the time very rarely but that won't be the case anymore also did not think about how it could affect my fellow concealed carriers thanks for the insight

Old 08-16-2012, 03:16 AM   #15
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16924 Times on 9806 Posts
Likes Given: 44112

Quote:
sorry Gearhead, it is a big deal. simply because of attitudes such as this is what puts our gun rights in jeapordy. illegal is illegal irregardless your intentions when it comes to the law. what seperates you from the thugs who do the same thing, carrying illegally? nothing. in breaking the law, you would be judged no differently. idiotic antics such as this is what gives all the law abiding gun owners a black eye and gives more fuel to those who want to strip our 2nd admendment rights away. sorry if this sounds cruel, but sorry just doesn't cut it for me. you committed and illegal act and acted irresponsibly and you have lost losts of credibility with me. you knew it's illegal but you felt you were above the law. good day to you as i have nothing further to say to you anymore.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #16

Quote:

Quote:
Understand exactly what you mean good thing I'll be gettin my license soon anyone know how long it takes to get the actual Id card in after the class is completed ? And like I said do not carry illigly all the time very rarely but that won't be the case anymore also did not think about how it could affect my fellow concealed carriers thanks for the insight
Are you drunk right now?

Last edited by JD1969; 08-16-2012 at 03:32 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #17

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Mosquito spray, you don't want to get West Nile while on the range

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

sorry Gearhead, it is a big deal. simply because of attitudes such as this is what puts our gun rights in jeapordy. illegal is illegal irregardless your intentions when it comes to the law. what seperates you from the thugs who do the same thing, carrying illegally? nothing. in breaking the law, you would be judged no differently. idiotic antics such as this is what gives all the law abiding gun owners a black eye and gives more fuel to those who want to strip our 2nd admendment rights away. sorry if this sounds cruel, but sorry just doesn't cut it for me. you committed and illegal act and acted irresponsibly and you have lost losts of credibility with me. you knew it's illegal but you felt you were above the law. good day to you as i have nothing further to say to you anymore.
Understandable coming from an old guy it's a new generation get used to it folks sorry of that sounds harsh but it's the truth i can't count how many people I know that carry illegally which is why I decided to go the legal route sorry for wanting to protect myself the few months before I got it and only in bad places come on guys the law isn't everything

Last edited by gearhead396; 08-16-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969

Are you drunk right now?
Absolutely sober no need for coy remarks either do I'm sorry I carried now and then without a permit come crucify me jesus Christ

Last edited by gearhead396; 08-16-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Understandable coming from an old guy it's a new generation get used to it folks sorry of that sounds harsh but it's the truth i can't count how many people I know that carry illegally which is why I decided to go the legal route sorry for wanting to protect myself the few months before I got it and only in bad places come on guys the law isn't everything

A generation that does not know right from wrong and of they do don't think that the law applies to them. They also care little for anything other than their own wants and needs. Sounds like something to really be proud of. BTW, I'm in my 30's, is that an "old guy"?

Quote:
Absolutely sober no need for coy remarks either do I'm sorry I carried now and then without a permit come crucify me jesus Christ
Good then, do us all a favor and put a little effort into your typing, at least that way we can read your posts and understand what you're trying to say. But I suppose that's just more "old dude" attitude.

Last edited by JD1969; 08-16-2012 at 04:05 AM.