My appendix carry experiences. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My appendix carry experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 05:11 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have had a CPL for a decade and my primary carry during this time has been a S&W J-frame. After trying out several holsters inside and outside the waistband, I settled on AIWB and have been carrying that way for years. Even my new XDs is comfortable in this position. Once you get used to it being there, it feels strange and awkward to carry it anywhere else. The gun is in a natural position to be drawn at all times especially in the car.

I'm glad you made this post. I have buddies who still think I am crazy for carrying this way but I know how draw and handle my weapon so I have absolutely no worries about an accidental discharge. I don't know why some people fear that just because the gun presses against your skin it is going to fire.

Regarding the fear of shooting your leg off, I'd trust AIWB before a Serpa holster anyday.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbartrip6 View Post
Regarding the fear of shooting your leg off, I'd trust AIWB before a Serpa holster anyday.
I second that. I trust a Glock Tech MIC holster over serpa.