My appendix carry experiences. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My appendix carry experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 03:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Interesting pics. I bet you will change your mode of carry soon.

Do you mean change it from strong side to appendix, or from appendix back to something different?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3850 Times on 2632 Posts
Likes Given: 1923

Honest, man? This is ghetto carry. If you live a normal life with a job, etc, it is going to draw your attention and interfere constantly. You'll end up moving it away from your 12 either side.
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #13

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I carry my LC9 AIWB at school, because it has the lowest chance of being exposed when I twist, turn, sit, stand, or move. And since I'm not supposed to carry on campus, it's the best bet.

However, I find it very uncomfortable and would NEVER carry this way for any other reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #14

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Honest, man? This is ghetto carry. If you live a normal life with a job, etc, it is going to draw your attention and interfere constantly. You'll end up moving it away from your 12 either side.
I assure you he's a respectable working man and far from anything to be considered "ghetto".

Old 01-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #15

Quote:

If I sagged my pants and didn't use a holster I could see the ghetto thing, in the picture it does look like it's at 12,but when I put it on and wear it it's actually more of 1 o'clock,1:30.

I don't carry on my body at my job as a work in industrial/utility electric work. I'm no wanna-be thug,AIWB has started picking up a following in the last 5 years as a legitimate method of carry and is advocated by more than a few high-profile trainers. Thought I'd give it a go and see what the hype is about. I could see how this would be uncomfortable for many people though depending on body type and how you wear your pants,if you don't wear them high enough at your waist,your gun will bug you all day long,or if your holster rides too deep.
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 01-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3850 Times on 2632 Posts
Likes Given: 1923

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I assure you he's a respectable working man and far from anything to be considered "ghetto".
I do not doubt it, and respect his personal choice.
MoHawk Likes This 
Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Appendix carry has been around a lot longer than 5 years, but more people are finding about it and trying now. I myself find it very natural to carry AIWB. I have more control over my firearm when I carry this way. I don't have to worry about reaching up to get something or picking my daughter up and the gun accidently showing. Power to you J for carry long AWIB. I'm just waiting on financial stuff to get me another holster. Going to get the INCOG g-code holster.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #18

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

The longer I carry this way, the more comfortable it gets. However, I doubt my fullsize would be comfortable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #19

Liked 2055 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I have too much, um, 'insulation' to carry like that comfortably. I can do that if I am standing but certainly not sitting. Most carry configurations are uncomfortable for me. I'm not obese but I have love handles and there isn't an AWIB I've tried that I like yet

This is my preference:
johnwayne2.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthy125 View Post
Appendix carry has been around a lot longer than 5 years, but more people are finding about it and trying now. I myself find it very natural to carry AIWB. I have more control over my firearm when I carry this way. I don't have to worry about reaching up to get something or picking my daughter up and the gun accidently showing. Power to you J for carry long AWIB. I'm just waiting on financial stuff to get me another holster. Going to get the INCOG g-code holster.

I am also looking at that holster as well,seems like a good way to make sure you never leave without a spare mag. The fuzzy stuff seems like a nice touch as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
The longer I carry this way, the more comfortable it gets. However, I doubt my fullsize would be comfortable...

First time I tried it I was like no way,but i gave it a whole day and had changed my mind almost completely.