My appendix carry experiences.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My appendix carry experiences.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Default My appendix carry experiences.

So the past week I've been appendix carrying my M&P9c I've recently acquired since I resolved to give my p938 to the girlfriend for her 21st bday. I settled on the M&P as my replacement "deep carry" gun.

I was unsure how I would feel about AIWB at first,so I picked up a cheap bianchi 100 series clip on from the bargain holster box at the LGS and wet it down and remolded to fit the M&P.

At this point in time I would only recommend someone try AIWB if you are experienced and comfortable in handling guns,as the stakes are much higher for a ND when the gun is positioned this way on the belt line,as it would either result parting you with a family jewel or worse,missing them and taking out a femoral artery,it seems the best outcome would be a shattered pelvis.

That being said I've been shooting a lot of IDPA and safety has been subconsciously ingrained in me now so I am only a little paranoid about the issue,but am taking extra precautions reholstering.

Now,on to how it carries. If you carry a gun with a shorter barrel and wear your jeans high enough that when you sit the gun and belt stay horizontal then your golden,very comfortable. You don't have to have a 6 pack either to carry this way,I have some loose skin from some massive weight loss some years back and this seems to HELP conceal the gun,so a little Dunlap would actually help do the same I do believe.

This carry position is very natural feeling for me,draw is lightening quick,defending and retaining your gun from this carry mode is almost instinctual as humans (or at least I) tend to draw in towards my centerline when startled..

I would encourage anybody experienced in guns and curious about this mode of carry to give it a shot with some extra attention to safety while you do so. But overall I believe this can be a safe and effective way to carry your gun. And will be my main mode of carry from now on I believe.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #2

Here's some photos just to see how it conceals imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389702496.545479.jpg
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389702516.544242.jpg

Old 01-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Hell if i'd carry that thing around pointin at my thing

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 01-14-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Agreed. If something odd happens I'm taking off a butt cheek rather then my bell end.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 01-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Agreed. If something odd happens I'm taking off a butt cheek rather then my bell end.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.
Big ole AMEN

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #6

Quote:

I figured there would be comments like that,like I said stakes are higher,so it's not for the new or intermediate shooters. And it actually points straight down to the right of what's important not directly at it.

I believe with the right understanding of what will happen if you f#%^ up and proper (extra) care in your gun handling it is a safe and viable carry method for Alot of experienced HCP holders. There are a lot of benefits to having the gun on the front of your waistline.

Not to mention the gun I choose for this carry method is a striker fired gun with a trigger tab safety,internal safety's,and a Manual thumb safety. So I know if I blow a nut off its my own fault lol.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1473 Posts
Likes Given: 796

I carry in about the same position but I use a belly band holster. I really like the belly band. I can carry the gun without pulling up my pants all the time. In the summer it gets hot here in NC. The gun and my pants damp with sweat doesn't work at all. Another plus for the belly band is has two magazine pouches, it supports my back, covers up plumbers crack and I don't have to worry about leaving my weapon in a public restroom. There is no downside to the belly band other than they wear out in less than two years. At less than $20 each buying a new holster every year is not a hardship. I did buy two holsters the last time I replaced my belly band, so I have one to wear while the other is drying.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2654 Times on 1849 Posts
Likes Given: 1351

Interesting pics. I bet you will change your mode of carry soon.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:54 AM   #9

Serious question-
How do you bend over to pick up that dollar you dropped or tie your shoe lace??
Don't even try to tell me it don't bite you

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 01-15-2014, 04:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Serious question-

How do you bend over to pick up that dollar you dropped or tie your shoe lace??

Don't even try to tell me it don't bite you

If I bend over further than what I would have to to say get in a seated position in a car or chair then yea it does dig into my lower abs quite uncomfortably. But I don't count that a big enough reson to write it off altogether. Seeing as anything less than reaching to the ground is fine.