My addiction
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > My addiction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default My addiction

So I cc everyday in Georgia (home state) but I'm in Springfield Illinois Christmas week and its illegal to carry. Talk about feeling unarmed and out guned ugh...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #2

Liked 76 Times on 47 Posts

Thought they just passed cc

Old 12-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

I look at it this way .... I'm carrying no matter what the state law says ... The constitution is the law ... And if your not attracting unnecessary attention who will know but you

Old 12-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetobefree
I look at it this way .... I'm carrying no matter what the state law says ... The constitution is the law ... And if your not attracting unnecessary attention who will know but you
TERRIBLE Advice.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #5

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post

TERRIBLE Advice.
Didn't sound like advice to me, just an explanation of how he feels about the topic and why. I happen to feel the same.

However, I cannot and will not advise anyone else to do as I say I would.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #6

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetobefree View Post
Did you know you can actually get paid for that? I know of people that did that, and they get paid in lots of great things. They get free food, new orange clothes, and silver bracelets!

-Matt

Old 12-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetobefree
Ignore the above. That's a quick ticket to prison, going on the registered felons list, and losing all abilities to own a firearm. And it looks bad on firearms owners as a whole every time some one is busted for something like this, makes us look irresponsible and is ammo for the left wing liberals.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #8

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztkolb View Post
Ignore the above. That's a quick ticket to prison, going on the registered felons list, and losing all abilities to own a firearm. And it looks bad on firearms owners as a whole every time some one is busted for something like this, makes us look irresponsible and is ammo for the left wing liberals.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

-Matt

Old 12-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Dumb idea!

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #10

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalefan88 View Post
Thought they just passed cc
It hasn't gone into effect yet, last time I checked. Also, reciprocity agreements would not have been established yet between state's attorney generals to see if a Georgia permit would be honored in Illinois.

Best thing to do if you want to carry in other states is to research their laws before traveling and see about reciprocity for permits from your home state. I just transfered from Georgia to Washington. I picked a route that let me carry as far as I could, until I hit the Oregon border. New Mexico was the only other state where I had to box my gun and put it in the back of the car.

While I may agree with the principle of the right to carry being guaranteed by the Constitution, I also respect the laws of the individual states I visit.

Living on the border with Florida for a while I still had to be aware of subtle rules differences between their carry laws and Gerogia laws.

The responsible thing to do is to research the laws. Understand the penalties for violating the laws. You can piss away your rights for the future if you get a felony conviction in another state, and not be allowed to exercise your 2nd ammendment rights ever again.

It is possible and even highly likely that if you did carry properly concealed, and never had to use the firearm, that no one would ever know, and nothing would happen. But on the off chance that something did happen it could affect you and your family for a long time to come.

If you're visiting Cook County, forget about it anyway. Some corrupt DA would love to ride headlines at your expense. Chicago politics is no joke, it sucks, but it's no joke.