Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   My addiction (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/my-addiction-79246/)

shawn_c2000 12-23-2012 08:40 PM

My addiction

So I cc everyday in Georgia (home state) but I'm in Springfield Illinois Christmas week and its illegal to carry. Talk about feeling unarmed and out guned ugh...

dalefan88 12-23-2012 08:43 PM

Thought they just passed cc

freetobefree 12-23-2012 08:43 PM

I look at it this way .... I'm carrying no matter what the state law says ... The constitution is the law ... And if your not attracting unnecessary attention who will know but you

Bear304inc 12-24-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freetobefree
I look at it this way .... I'm carrying no matter what the state law says ... The constitution is the law ... And if your not attracting unnecessary attention who will know but you

TERRIBLE Advice.

BeyondTheBox 12-24-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc (Post 1064419)

TERRIBLE Advice.

Didn't sound like advice to me, just an explanation of how he feels about the topic and why. I happen to feel the same.

However, I cannot and will not advise anyone else to do as I say I would.

Blueguns 12-24-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freetobefree (Post 1063505)

Did you know you can actually get paid for that? I know of people that did that, and they get paid in lots of great things. They get free food, new orange clothes, and silver bracelets! :rolleyes:

ztkolb 12-24-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freetobefree

Ignore the above. That's a quick ticket to prison, going on the registered felons list, and losing all abilities to own a firearm. And it looks bad on firearms owners as a whole every time some one is busted for something like this, makes us look irresponsible and is ammo for the left wing liberals.

Blueguns 12-24-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztkolb (Post 1064607)
Ignore the above. That's a quick ticket to prison, going on the registered felons list, and losing all abilities to own a firearm. And it looks bad on firearms owners as a whole every time some one is busted for something like this, makes us look irresponsible and is ammo for the left wing liberals.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

jgoertz 12-24-2012 08:41 PM

Dumb idea!

SSGN_Doc 12-24-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalefan88 (Post 1063504)
Thought they just passed cc

It hasn't gone into effect yet, last time I checked. Also, reciprocity agreements would not have been established yet between state's attorney generals to see if a Georgia permit would be honored in Illinois.

Best thing to do if you want to carry in other states is to research their laws before traveling and see about reciprocity for permits from your home state. I just transfered from Georgia to Washington. I picked a route that let me carry as far as I could, until I hit the Oregon border. New Mexico was the only other state where I had to box my gun and put it in the back of the car.

While I may agree with the principle of the right to carry being guaranteed by the Constitution, I also respect the laws of the individual states I visit.

Living on the border with Florida for a while I still had to be aware of subtle rules differences between their carry laws and Gerogia laws.

The responsible thing to do is to research the laws. Understand the penalties for violating the laws. You can piss away your rights for the future if you get a felony conviction in another state, and not be allowed to exercise your 2nd ammendment rights ever again.

It is possible and even highly likely that if you did carry properly concealed, and never had to use the firearm, that no one would ever know, and nothing would happen. But on the off chance that something did happen it could affect you and your family for a long time to come.

If you're visiting Cook County, forget about it anyway. Some corrupt DA would love to ride headlines at your expense. Chicago politics is no joke, it sucks, but it's no joke.