Murder Or Self-Defense?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Murder Or Self-Defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default Murder Or Self-Defense?

You are the jury on this one.
Watch carefully and decide.
Murder or self-defense?

http://youtu.be/NoALOGnl76A

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
You are the jury on this one.
Watch carefully and decide.
Murder or self-defense?

‪Murder or Self Defense, You decide‬‏ - YouTube
Self defense. I mean, come on, the guy was driving to the Police Department to get away from this guy. He felt his life was in danger. It's hardly like the guy's plan was to murder him in front of the PD.

Not to get too side tracked, but can someone explain to me why the cops feel the need to handle somone that way who is clearly giving himself up?

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6022 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
Self defense. I mean, come on, the guy was driving to the Police Department to get away from this guy. He felt his life was in danger. It's hardly like the guy's plan was to murder him in front of the PD.

Not to get too side tracked, but can someone explain to me why the cops feel the need to handle somone that way who is clearly giving himself up?
i agree self defense.

no sound but i imagine he said he just shot someone or something to that effect i dont think they reacted badly at all. they had an unknown individual as an active shooter with no real info. they didnt abuse him just cuffed him really fast.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
they didnt abuse him just cuffed him really fast.
Look at the knee on the neck and then look at how the cop picks the guy up by the cuffs bringing his hands above his head from behind. If that were me, I'd have 2 separated shoulders or at least or torn labrum or two. (Labrum - it's in the shoulder )

OK. Watched again. Knee really wasn't on the neck, buy the non-cuffing officer was really aggressive with that arm. The officer that picks him up was an ass, in my opinion. You need to place yourself in the role of the guy getting cuffed and then look at the video.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 08-09-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #5

Depends on what was said but yes i believe it was, although i it were me personally i probably would have only hurt him, like tried to stop him non-lethally, but if circumstances prevented that......

Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #6

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Self-defense, even though it happened right in front of a police station.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Look at the knee on the neck and then look at how the cop picks the guy up by the cuffs bringing his hands above his head from behind. If that were me, I'd have 2 separated shoulders or at least or torn labrum or two. (Labrum - it's in the shoulder )

OK. Watched again. Knee really wasn't on the neck, buy the non-cuffing officer was really aggressive with that arm. The officer that picks him up was an ass, in my opinion. You need to place yourself in the role of the guy getting cuffed and then look at the video.
ive cuffed folks in real life occasionally at gunpoint sometimes without resistance sometimes havine to put em in prone and knee in the back. only once did i have to apply pressure to subdue a last minute struggle. knee in the back is common practice pressure isnt applied unless resistance is felt.

often video doesnt represent what actually occured. i rank video with eyewitness testimony. it doesnt show intent or someone's state of mind. you can often show the same vid to 3 different people and get three different interpretations.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ive cuffed folks in real life occasionally at gunpoint sometimes without resistance sometimes havine to put em in prone and knee in the back. only once did i have to apply pressure to subdue a last minute struggle. knee in the back is common practice pressure isnt applied unless resistance is felt.

often video doesnt represent what actually occured. i rank video with eyewitness testimony. it doesnt show intent or someone's state of mind. you can often show the same vid to 3 different people and get three different interpretations.
OK, but you can't tell me that picking a guy up by the cuffs and cranking his arms above and behind him the way the cop did wasn't an unneccessary pr#ck move.

GOA

Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
OK, but you can't tell me that picking a guy up by the cuffs and cranking his arms above and behind him the way the cop did wasn't an unneccessary pr#ck move.
again its hard to tell from the vid. assisting someone up from the prone can look worse than it is. during training we practiced on each other including getting up from the prone while cuffed. its not as painful as it looks.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Definitely not murder based on all the evidence.