Mousegun for CCW - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Mousegun for CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I know this is a mouse gun thread, but have to interject. I carry a Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP as a concealed pistol. I can conceal it perfectly even with shorts and a simple TUCKED in T shirt. Worn it to work a few times and no one knew. Look at Smart Carry Both men and women have worn them, and conceal a whole host of different pistols, including a full size 1911 .45, Glocks, XD, etc. I have even carried the Bersa Thunder .380 in it and barely knew I had it on.
BTW the Bersa is a shooter... 5 shot group.

bersa_380_5shot.jpg  

Vern

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Nothing wrong with that...

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #43

well, I picked up NAA .32 guardian. Won't be buying any more for a while. Range report and pics after lunch tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth AkSarBen View Post
I know this is a mouse gun thread, but have to interject. I carry a Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP as a concealed pistol. I can conceal it perfectly even with shorts and a simple TUCKED in T shirt. Worn it to work a few times and no one knew. Look at Smart Carry Both men and women have worn them, and conceal a whole host of different pistols, including a full size 1911 .45, Glocks, XD, etc. I have even carried the Bersa Thunder .380 in it and barely knew I had it on.
BTW the Bersa is a shooter... 5 shot group.
What distance was that target shot from?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #45

Default Ruger LCP's recalled already

Don't know whats up with Ruger lately, last 2 new guns have been recalled for safety issues, first the SR9, now the LCP.
I'd steer clear for at least another year.
Thew Kel Tec P3AT is $100 less and I am a believer in them, never had mine cuogh up a hairball and thst includes the P3AT, P32, P11, SUB 200 in both 9mm & 40 S&W, for the $ Kel tec's can't be beat.
Than again if I am carrying in a really bad area, its the Kahr P45 IWB and Kel Tec P3AT in pocket holster as a back up.
But for Competitions in IPSC its either a G35 or XD 45 Tactical.

smile-barrel.jpg  

Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
In a hostile situation, you won't be able to take time to aim perfectly. So get used to un-loading your magazine in the "general direction" of the Bad Guy...
Many people are able to engage multiple targets using perfectly aimed shots in very hostile situations. It takes discipline and training, but it's not unheard of.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #47

River Bend,

I like the etching on your muzzle.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:38 AM   #48

I am surprised that nobody had suggested the little Sigarms P232 for a mousegun. It is my BUG and my CCW and it is a point, press press, gun. Dead on accurate and one of the best fits I have ever felt in my hand.

It is in .380 but I just drop in the HP Corbons which go at around 1,000FPS if I remember right.

(I picked up the SL, it's a bit heavier but due to the CCW I decided to get the toughest finish possible.)

https://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=10&produ ctid=69

Old 11-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roastie View Post
I am surprised that nobody had suggested the little Sigarms P232 for a mousegun. It is my BUG and my CCW and it is a point, press press, gun. Dead on accurate and one of the best fits I have ever felt in my hand.

It is in .380 but I just drop in the HP Corbons which go at around 1,000FPS if I remember right.

(I picked up the SL, it's a bit heavier but due to the CCW I decided to get the toughest finish possible.)

https://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=10&produ ctid=69

A SIG P232 is certainly a high-quality pistol, but it's too expensive for most people. Especially for a .380. My only complaint is that its a single stack magazine, and I really don't like that bottom magazine release. I don't own a P232, but a buddy of mine does and we shoot often. The SIG P232 is deadly accurate!

Old 11-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
A SIG P232 is certainly a high-quality pistol, but it's too expensive for most people. Especially for a .380. My only complaint is that its a single stack magazine, and I really don't like that bottom magazine release. I don't own a P232, but a buddy of mine does and we shoot often. The SIG P232 is deadly accurate!
I will agree that the price is a bit steep, and I as a college student as well as holding a couple of jobs I know all about pinching pennies.

I shopped around and realized the the S&W .357 snubbies were actually pretty expensive as well, decided to borrow some guns from some of the guys on my department and shoot em all. The P232 was just too sturdy/accurate/perfect fit for me to deny it.

I ended up searching and having to get a used P232 in Stainless which I got with 3 mags for around $550 at a local gun shop, and even that was alot for me, but worth it since I have no doubts that the weapon will work when I need it and will sling lead on target

The mag release takes some getting used to, but I don't have any issues with it. As a matter of fact it seems to me as if it's better for concealment since you have to manually slide the mag out, I have had other weapons on my ankle/etc. where the mag release gets bumped on the side and the mag pops out enough so that when I draw the mag hits the ground. This can't happen with the P232.

I would rather spend a bit more money for something reliable then go cheap and risk it when it comes to protecting my family and my own person.

On everything else, I'm one of the cheapest guys you will ever meet

As a side note: I think that EVERYONE should shoot a P232 even if they borrow/rent one, every person that has shot mine has put in an offer to buy it on the spot, and then go searching for one to buy themselves. (No way are they getting mine!)

Last edited by Roastie; 11-21-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Comment on Release.