Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Mousegun for CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've had a KelTec P32 for years. 100% reliable with Winchester Silvertips or Speer
Gold-dots, and a natural point shooter in my hands. If I were going to get a
different gun it would probably be a P3AT. Either will disappear in slacks/shorts
pockets in a decent pocket holster.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:39 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Mark F,

How does it shoot? Is it easy to control? Some of the smaller guns are kinda' hard to control for those of us with huge paws.

Does it function well (no jams, failure to feed)?

I like the pocket holster.
Northwoods,

It shoots quite well, but it does have a bit of a sting from the recoil. The pistol is so light weight that even target loads have a little bite to them. But it's no big deal, you get used to it quickly. I haven't had any problems with FTE or FTF with the little beast. The pocket holster keeps the pistol from imprinting in your clothes so you can keep it in your front pocket or your back pocket. I keep mine in my front pocket, for a faster draw. I've had mine for about 10 months now, and it goes everywhere I go. I highly recommend CORBON POWR'BALL as your carry ammo.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I carry an AMT Backup .380 SA, which I can cover with my wallet. You're not going to find a new one, and you might find a dozen crappy DA's, but if you find one from the Covina, CA factory, buy it.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Kahr PM9

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_9mm_pm.html

Ammo capacity---6+1 9mm
Overall length---5.3"
Barrel length----3"
Overall height---4"
Slide width---9/10 of an inch
Weight w/ empty mag---15.9 ounces

Old 10-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #15

Nice chart: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=171820

I'm leaning towards the LCP after a lot or reading.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Many, if not most, veteran gunners believe the .32 and/or .380 are not sufficient for self defense. Many, myself included, believe the minimum handgun for self defense should be a .38 special or 9mm. We often hear stories about the number of people who get killed with .25, .32, .380's, but how long does it take them to bleed out and die? Usually it takes minutes. How much damage can a doped up violent career criminal do in a matter of minutes?

The idea of self defense is not necessarily to kill, but to stop aggression, which takes a bigger, hard hitting, expanding bullet. More often than not, several of them. Pistols are poor people stoppers, but they are easier to carry and conceal than rifles and shotguns.

My primary carry caliber is .45 apc, but I carry a S&W lightweight J-frame .38 (642) very comfortably in my pants pocket, as a back-up gun, on duty and as a primary gun off duty, in the summertime. With modern SD ammo, the .38 should do the job and serve you well.

My opinion. I don't know these things because I read them in a book.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #17

I use a Glock 26 with a 10 round magazine in a iwb when lightly dressed. It lays flat and a light shirt covers it fine. When I can't carry a 1911 in 45 acp, I prefer 9mm in lieu of 380 (or smaller). Works for me.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 AM   #18

talked to local shop about ruger lcp. Said he's sold but won't sell any more until ruger admits the problem existis and takes steps to fix them. So it's back keltec .380.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #19

I have a LCP. My issue now is getting it to feed JHPs. First try was Hornadays, not so good. It will feed FMJs all day long, and it's reasonably accurate. I consider it a BUG, but you can hide it wearing almost anything.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #20

I wish I could find some more positive reviews on the Beretta Bobcat. Some have been favorable, many reviews have not. When you do find a good review of it the bash the caliber lol. Maybe they are trying to tell me something....... at any rate it seems if you were to get one you would definitely want the Innox version.

I like it because it has a manual safety(which i'm used to), an exposed hammer enabling DO or SO (which i'm used to).