Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Mousegun for CCW (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/mousegun-ccw-7872/)

harleysilo 10-20-2008 08:52 PM

Mousegun for CCW

Hi folks. I looked through all the threads didn't see an exact match.

I recently got my GFL (Georgia Firearms License). Applied on a Monday, it was in my mailbox on Friday. Unbelievable. Anyways....

I'm looking for a CCW handgun. I wear business slacks day in and day out to work. I wear shorts 9 months out of the year on the weekends. I want a gun that I can slip into a front pocket holster easily.

Now I'm considering the following...

Beretta Tomcat
Kel-tec 32 or p3-at
backorder and pricetag on the Seacamps too much at the moment.

I've shot a Kahr .40 and although it is small, it's not small enough.

I'm not considering purchasing a .22 or .25, as in my squirrel hunting days i've seen how ineffective they can be.

I'd like to hear others opinions on the guns listed, as well as general discussion about small BUG's for CCW.

Northwoods 10-20-2008 09:06 PM

What about the new Ruger LCP? They are tiny! .380, 7 shot and I've been told dependable.

If anyone has experience with the Ruger I'd like to hear.

Also, I use a Beretta mod. 84. I like it alot. The mod 86 (?) has a single stack and is narrower if the 84 is too wide.

cbw 10-20-2008 09:26 PM

The Ruger LCP does have some excellent reviews! I'd like to hear more form someone who has one. They are small and very smooth on the outside form what I have seen in pictures.

matt g 10-20-2008 10:13 PM

Have you seen the Para Warthog or maybe the Taurus Judge? Both are very small pistols that run large caliber rounds.

Northwoods 10-20-2008 11:39 PM

I saw a Taurus Judge last weekend. I looked huge to me.

That might have been because it was surrounded by small pistols though......

Northwoods 10-20-2008 11:40 PM

It did look like it would be fun though.....

Mark F 10-21-2008 12:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I carry a KEL TEC P3AT, .380ACP 6+1. It hides nicely and it's light weight. It's also the same size as Ruger's LCP .380. These are GREAT Pocket Carry guns!

Here is my P3AT in its Pocket Holster...

freefall 10-21-2008 12:37 AM

I have a NAA Guardian .380 that is my "pretty much everywhere" gun. I made a pocket holster for it, slip it in my back pocket and it looks like a wallet. It's all steel, a tad heavy for what it is. Tried a friends Kel-Tec .380 a couple weeks ago, the trigger was nicer than mine, much lighter weight piece, mine feels like a better quality item. Should for twice the price. Been meaning to get the lovely Mrs. Freefall a Ruger LCP, she feels her Officers ACP is too big and heavy for steady carry, but have been hearing disquieting murmurs about its reliability. Kel-Tecs have been working for several years, Thinking about selling my NAA and getting two of them. Wanna buy it? Such of a deal I'll make you...

Northwoods 10-21-2008 01:09 AM

Mark F,

How does it shoot? Is it easy to control? Some of the smaller guns are kinda' hard to control for those of us with huge paws.

Does it function well (no jams, failure to feed)?

I like the pocket holster.

harleysilo 10-21-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 46327)
I carry a KEL TEC P3AT, .380ACP 6+1. It hides nicely and it's light weight. It's also the same size as Ruger's LCP .380. These are GREAT Pocket Carry guns!

Here is my P3AT in its Pocket Holster...

Is that the standard magazine? Looks like there is possibly more
Room to grip than the beretta or NAA.