mouse/pocket 22?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > mouse/pocket 22?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Default mouse/pocket 22?

I love mouse guns!!! I've got my cheapo Jimmy 22 but am really hoping to find something single action, ya know, with manipulatable hammer and all.

The only one I can think of would be the Astra Cub, which I'm close to pulling trigger on, but interested in hearing other ideers from more matured veterans.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

LCP, that tiny package packs a lot in

Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
LCP, that tiny package packs a lot in
Yeah, been there, done that, but DAO. I'm looking for SAO. Thanks though man!

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 10-02-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1664 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

The smallest .22 I have is a PPK/s (though not really a "pocket").

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #5

I'll even accept DA/SA, very much a fan of it! Wish Bersa made a smaller piece.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #6

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

I have a Beretta 21A bobcat in 22. I bought it because i always wanted one, and im very happy with it. Jusr need to use a nylon bore sized brush in between every couple/few mags and use quality ammo (federal bulk for practice, cci stinger if goin for a walk and worried about dogs). I noticed that cheap aftermarket mags suck, stick with factory mags. Also i get pretty good groups, even at 20 yards, they really help make you aware of where you need to improve. And if you wear a shirt with buttons, make sure its buttoned all the way up. 22 cases get hot and burn, even for guys.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #7

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

North American Arms makes a very popular single action 22. They are kind of pricey but they are all that.

If your JA-22 is giving you a problem send me a message. It can be fixed if you are mechanically inclined. We can't get a thread going in the open forum without a pissing match with the haters.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 09-20-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
North American Arms makes a very popular single action 22. They are kind of pricey but they are all that.

If your JA-22 is giving you a problem send me a message. It can be fixed if you are mechanically inclined. We can't get a thread going in the open forum without a pissing match with the haters.
No, I love my Jimmy 22, it's been flawless, but its the chrome and the finish is something I wish to keep pristine, so I'd like to have something else for carry.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #9

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Have a look at the NAA black widow. the 3" barrel is awesome and the vent rib gives you a great sight picture.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 09-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Have a look at the NAA black widow. the 3" barrel is awesome and the vent rib gives you a great sight picture.
Thanks for the suggestion Old Crow, but I'm a strictly semi-auto kind of guy. It's cool, I decided I'll just pick up another cheapie. It's not technically a mouse gun, but it is smaller than the Bersa and achieves my single action semi-auto needs, the Phoenix HP22A.