Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   mouse/pocket 22? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/mouse-pocket-22-a-72805/)

BeyondTheBox 09-19-2012 09:55 PM

mouse/pocket 22?

I love mouse guns!!! I've got my cheapo Jimmy 22 but am really hoping to find something single action, ya know, with manipulatable hammer and all.

The only one I can think of would be the Astra Cub, which I'm close to pulling trigger on, but interested in hearing other ideers from more matured veterans.

partdeux 09-20-2012 12:02 AM

LCP, that tiny package packs a lot in

BeyondTheBox 09-20-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux
LCP, that tiny package packs a lot in

Yeah, been there, done that, but DAO. I'm looking for SAO. Thanks though man!

danf_fl 09-20-2012 12:42 AM

The smallest .22 I have is a PPK/s (though not really a "pocket").

BeyondTheBox 09-20-2012 01:48 AM

I'll even accept DA/SA, very much a fan of it! Wish Bersa made a smaller piece.

phildenton 09-20-2012 02:15 AM

I have a Beretta 21A bobcat in 22. I bought it because i always wanted one, and im very happy with it. Jusr need to use a nylon bore sized brush in between every couple/few mags and use quality ammo (federal bulk for practice, cci stinger if goin for a walk and worried about dogs). I noticed that cheap aftermarket mags suck, stick with factory mags. Also i get pretty good groups, even at 20 yards, they really help make you aware of where you need to improve. And if you wear a shirt with buttons, make sure its buttoned all the way up. 22 cases get hot and burn, even for guys.

Old_Crow 09-20-2012 02:46 AM

North American Arms makes a very popular single action 22. They are kind of pricey but they are all that.

If your JA-22 is giving you a problem send me a message. It can be fixed if you are mechanically inclined. We can't get a thread going in the open forum without a pissing match with the haters.

BeyondTheBox 09-20-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Crow
North American Arms makes a very popular single action 22. They are kind of pricey but they are all that.

If your JA-22 is giving you a problem send me a message. It can be fixed if you are mechanically inclined. We can't get a thread going in the open forum without a pissing match with the haters.

No, I love my Jimmy 22, it's been flawless, but its the chrome and the finish is something I wish to keep pristine, so I'd like to have something else for carry.

Old_Crow 09-21-2012 04:58 AM

Have a look at the NAA black widow. the 3" barrel is awesome and the vent rib gives you a great sight picture.

BeyondTheBox 09-21-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Have a look at the NAA black widow. the 3" barrel is awesome and the vent rib gives you a great sight picture.

Thanks for the suggestion Old Crow, but I'm a strictly semi-auto kind of guy. It's cool, I decided I'll just pick up another cheapie. It's not technically a mouse gun, but it is smaller than the Bersa and achieves my single action semi-auto needs, the Phoenix HP22A.