more proof that ccw doesnt work - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > more proof that ccw doesnt work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Good for mommy. One scumbag less in his world!

Happy shooting :) !

Old 10-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #22

Love it. Beautiful story and wonderful ending.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7790 Times on 4678 Posts
Likes Given: 9782

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
That leaves a warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart. Don't mess with a momma's cubs.
That is the truth.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

She followed a good procedure for such a situation - first fire a warning shot through his chest, then yell, "Halt, halt, halt".

Old 11-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #25

It was great that she had a firearm and was willing to use it to protect her child and herself. Now if she just does not have to pay for that by losing her job! I swear I am sick to death of reading stories like this one that always seem to end with the line about the store firing the clerk for daring to defend their life and the lives of their customers. I believe it is time for gun owner/carriers to start pushing for laws preventing stores from firing someone for protecting themselves! No one should ever have to balance being killed with losing their job just because some dirtbag criminal decides to ruin their day. Minimum wage store clerks need their jobs to support themselves and their families and most of them cannot stand to lose a paycheck without having to worry about losing home or custody of their children. It places a real burden on the people least able to bear it when stores demand their employees let the criminals do whatever they want to. It's just not right.

Face the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.
Proud NRA member
It is not paranoia if they really are out to get you!!! And the anti-gun zealots are hell bent on disarming every one of us!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #26

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohns2001
It was great that she had a firearm and was willing to use it to protect her child and herself. Now if she just does not have to pay for that by losing her job! I swear I am sick to death of reading stories like this one that always seem to end with the line about the store firing the clerk for daring to defend their life and the lives of their customers. I believe it is time for gun owner/carriers to start pushing for laws preventing stores from firing someone for protecting themselves! No one should ever have to balance being killed with losing their job just because some dirtbag criminal decides to ruin their day. Minimum wage store clerks need their jobs to support themselves and their families and most of them cannot stand to lose a paycheck without having to worry about losing home or custody of their children. It places a real burden on the people least able to bear it when stores demand their employees let the criminals do whatever they want to. It's just not right.
Thankfully I believe she is an employee of her grandfather's.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #27

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohns2001 View Post
I didn't read anything about her losing her job over it, not yet anyways. I'm thinking a situation like that could be a good spot for G.F.F.A. to step in with a donation, maybe a gift card, to help the person out a bit.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #28

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Right on! High five for her! God bless the second amendment....

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 11-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #29

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Her and one of her own was in danger. She had the means to provide for their defense and she did it. The bad guy that tried to take her daughter met the fate he deserved. The mother was within her rights all the way and the action she took was justified. I wish more bad guys could be stopped like this before they hurt someone.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #30

I'm just glad that the DA isn't prosecuting her for shooting him as he was leaving! Some areas SHE would be the criminal ...