Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Money saving tip. Hunters Ed for CWP.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Money saving tip. Hunters Ed for CWP.

I don't know aboout other states, but here in Florida a hunter's education card qualifies as a cetificate of traing to get your CWP. The hunter's ed classes are completely free and cover everything from conservation and ethical hunting to the most important, firearms safety. The classes are two days long with the second day being spent at the gun range shooting various firearms.I used mine that I received 20 years ago with no problem.

This is not a replacement for a solid firearms traing class, which one should alwalys try to attend if possible, but is a free alternative to the little 3 hour basic ccw classes that can range from $50-60.

You should check your states requirements to see if this is a feasible option where you live.

"...the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." - James Madison, Federalist No. 46, 1788

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here