Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Michigan CPL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 03:35 AM   #21
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

See this amazes me. It's going through the county and it's taking so long, where mine went through the state (MS) and only took 19 days.

I'm not positive of the population density up there, but I would think there were many more people in my state applying at the same time than there are in that county applying at the same time. Probably about as many people working our offices doing the issuing as that county has too.

That just sucks.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:16 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 500 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 108

There was a push to have the state handle it through the secretary of state, and the SOS pushed back stating they didn't want it. Next step was to have ANY county in the state process the STATE license, and the association of county clerks pushed back. Problem is, any one county can start making their own rules up for fun, imagined problems, or just because they don't believe anybody should have guns. In my county, which was taking as long as six months, they take their own photo, not accepting the LEGAL passport photo, REQUIRED by the state. Also, they screwed up my expiration date, and based on the scurrying that went on behind the scene when I brought it to their attention, I suspect I was not the only one with the issue, just the first to notice it.