Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   McDonalds beating...would you respond? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/mcdonalds-beating-would-you-respond-41764/)

CHLChris 04-26-2011 02:22 AM

McDonalds beating...would you respond?

I was watching Sean Hannity tonight, who was discussing a video of a beating at a McDonalds. The "woman" happened to be transgender and 2 girls attacked her, which was recorded on video and hit YouTube. This video is just one I grabbed:

I have already decided that I would intervene if I witnessed something like this. I would be willing to use deadly force to protect the "woman" or myself as I intervened.

A few questions, though:

1) What phrase would one yell? "Stop this attack!" I certainly wouldn't yell "I have a gun!" unless I have already drawn. And if I have drawn, I better darn well know my surroundings and make sure I am not attacked from behind by a friend or sympathizer of the attackers.

2) What if the attackers did not respond to my commands? How does one go about using a firearm to stop such a threat? I have no hand-to-hand training and I wouldn't get INTO the fight, if possible.

3) What would you do?

winds-of-change 04-26-2011 02:28 AM

I have no clue what would/should be done. That is why I would not carry even if I could. I'm just not 'there' yet mentally.

dunerunner 04-26-2011 02:32 AM

Yes, I would have intervened. This type of behavior is tribal!!

JonM 04-26-2011 02:35 AM

oh i woulda been helping the victim. he/she at a minimum wouldnt have been going to the hospital alone...

dnthmn2004 04-26-2011 02:40 AM

I would have stepped in. Not with a firearm though. That would not be justified.

Jesse17 04-26-2011 02:44 AM

No, I would have left the restaurant, and kept my mouth shut.

winds-of-change 04-26-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse17 (Post 493363)
No, I would have left the restaurant, and kept my mouth shut.

Seriously?

doctherock 04-26-2011 03:20 AM

Those little sh!ts would have met my boot to.the chest followed by a trip through the drywall.

Jpyle 04-26-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 493330)
I was watching Sean Hannity tonight, who was discussing a video of a beating at a McDonalds. The "woman" happened to be transgender and 2 girls attacked her, which was recorded on video and hit YouTube. This video is just one I grabbed:

McDonalds beating

I have already decided that I would intervene if I witnessed something like this. I would be willing to use deadly force to protect the "woman" or myself as I intervened.

A few questions, though:

1) What phrase would one yell? "Stop this attack!" I certainly wouldn't yell "I have a gun!" unless I have already drawn. And if I have drawn, I better darn well know my surroundings and make sure I am not attacked from behind by a friend or sympathizer of the attackers.

2) What if the attackers did not respond to my commands? How does one go about using a firearm to stop such a threat? I have no hand-to-hand training and I wouldn't get INTO the fight, if possible.

3) What would you do?

Yes...I would intervene by punching both of those skanks square in the face and any other that came to their aid. Most people cannot properly throw or block a punch and flail wildly, I can and have boxed and would kick the living shizz out of those animals regardless of their gender, they forfeited any regard of chivalry by their actions.

BlindOldMan 04-26-2011 03:22 AM

You may be a good samaritan, but if you draw your firearm and you're not a LEO, then there *may* be legal repercussions. Unless they came after you, intervening may put you in some jeopardy. My instructor was pretty adamant about not "playing cop". May be very different in your state..