You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Man Robbed of Exposed Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 633 Times on 335 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Default Man Robbed of Exposed Gun

http://newsletter.alloutdoor.com/link.php?M=209538&N=247&L=15790&F=H

There are many excellent reasons to carry a gun, and almost no reasons at all for a citizen to carry one openly. After all, that’s what led to this open-carry guy getting his nice new pistol stolen from him. When your gun is exposed, people know that you have a gun. Why is that bad? Because it freaks out the watery-eyed wimps, yes, but more importantly because it makes you a target. So, do your best to actually conceal that concealed handgun so you don’t end up like this guy. “This guy” is a 25-year-old who strode into Wal-Mart with a Springfield XD 40 crammed into his waistband at the small of his back. Later, he shuffled out without it. His shirt only partially covered his firearm, so it was easily visible to a pair of miscreants. While one bad guy waited outside, another followed the victim into the Wal-Mart bathroom, where he clobbered the gun’s owner, knocked him down, and took away his pistol. Then he pointed the gun at its former owner and instructed him to leave. Afterward, bad guys one and two reunited and left in a dark van, according to video surveillance recordings. One of the two was arrested the next day, “loitering around the Jackson County Jail.” Nice. No sign of the other guy, nor of our victim’s gun. Keep your guns concealed, folks, and pay better attention to your surroundings than this guy did. - See more at: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2015/09/28/non-concealed-carry-gun-stolen-in-wal-mart-bathroom-because-it-wasnt-concealed/#sthash.OtecP5nq.dpuf
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4413 Times on 2476 Posts
Likes Given: 2089

This is a good example of the mentality of some people.

There are numerous questions that could be asked, but it is a moot point now.

Training and situation awareness seem to be lacking here.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 10-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10591 Times on 5632 Posts
Likes Given: 22532

Lock this thread now.
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #4

Liked 1043 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Lock this thread now.
I agree!
Not another concealed carry vs open carry thread.
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1254 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Not coming from America, i don't understand why someone would choose open carry over concealed carry where allowed. I know here it would not be allowed, and if it was no one would do it. I wonder what the different mindset is.
Chup Likes This 
Old 10-06-2015, 07:22 PM   #6

Liked 3944 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

Let this be a lesson to all you policemen. Cover that gun up.

This needs to put into the proper perspective. How often does this happen? What are the numbers of open carriers? What's the percentages? How often does this happen to concealed carriers. What's the percentages? Basing an opinion on an isolated incident without knowing all the facts is what liberals do. Telling others they should do what you do is how liberals think. You are blaming how someone carried and not blaming the thief for anything. Does this sound familiar? The liberal brainwashing has really worked it's magic.
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #7

Liked 3944 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Not coming from America, i don't understand why someone would choose open carry over concealed carry where allowed. I know here it would not be allowed, and if it was no one would do it. I wonder what the different mindset is.
I'll tell you why. For instance, in my state it is perfectly legal to open carry and I don't have to spend 100 dollars for a class and 75 dollars for a permit. I find it repulsive that they say I have to pay them if I want to put shirt tail over my gun. I thought my right to keep and bear arms wasn't supposed to be infringed. How can they justify putting a tax on a constitutional right?
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2015, 07:29 PM   #8

Liked 3952 Times on 1987 Posts
Likes Given: 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Lock this thread now.
Noooo...Lets see how long it lasts..... I OC sometimes..but CC most of the time...i usually end up learning something from these little FTF family fueds.....

Last edited by rn-cindy; 10-06-2015 at 07:41 PM.
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1254 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I'll tell you why. For instance, in my state it is perfectly legal to open carry and I don't have to spend 100 dollars for a class and 75 dollars for a permit. I find it repulsive that they say I have to pay them if I want to put shirt tail over my gun. I thought my right to keep and bear arms wasn't supposed to be infringed. How can they justify putting a tax on a constitutional right?

So you are doing it for monetary and political reasons, what other reasons do people open carry for.
Dakota1 Likes This 
Old 10-06-2015, 08:03 PM   #10
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1399 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 764

People Like This