Man kills intruder, accidentally shoots wife - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Man kills intruder, accidentally shoots wife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

A less anti-gun headline would've read : " Man Shoots Intruder, wife hit by stray bullet " .

Regarding the Zimmerman lynching : Everyone should demand apologies from Sharpton, Spike Lee and the media for stirring up racial animosity, now that the facts show their fantasy of a white man cold-bloodedly murdering a black teen just for being black was not reality .

Old 06-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #32

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I just hope this doesn't start another "Po' Travon vs dirty, no-good George" fiasco in the lib news.
The homeowner now has another ordeal to face: Potential lawsuit by the perp's family.
Not in Detroit, the city is in shambles, street lights being turned off, police on 24-48 turn around, the City Sheriff has stated unilaterally they are not going to prosecute people protecting their property.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The only stuff that is acknowledged by the media is stuff that gives them the excuse to "point out" the "evil" in somebody defending him/herself. The many events every day where somebody successfully defends himself without any way they can find fault with it never gets reported. I don't think that is "freedom of the press". That is a result of them being controlled by somebody behind the sceens who hides in the shadows.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #34

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
The only stuff that is acknowledged by the media is stuff that gives them the excuse to "point out" the "evil" in somebody defending him/herself. The many events every day where somebody successfully defends himself without any way they can find fault with it never gets reported. I don't think that is "freedom of the press". That is a result of them being controlled by somebody behind the sceens who hides in the shadows.
Well said..... does anyone know of a underground news outlet or site that highlights these kinds of instances????

Old 06-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #35

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

gaspump86 :
I quit the NRA years ago but I bet the American Rifleman still has "The Armed Citizen" feature, in which they summarize news accounts of lawful defense with guns.

The Zimmerman case reminded me at first of the movie, " The Sand Pebbles " , in which a mob of Chinese communists calls for " The Murderer Holman ", Steve McQueen's character, to be handed over for lyching.
Now, I am reminded of the movie western, " High Noon ", in which the town Marshal is about to be attacked by a gang of criminals and none of the townspeople will help him . Gary Cooper's character, Will Kane got the same appreciation for protecting his town as Neighborhood Watch Captain George Zimmerman is getting .

Old 06-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #36
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

[QUOTE="Rentacop"]gaspump86 :
I quit the NRA years ago but I bet the American Rifleman still has "The Armed Citizen" feature, in which they summarize news accounts of lawful defense with guns.

Yes they still do.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:08 AM   #37

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Here in Michigan castle doctrine is pretty loose,you can shoot an intruder that's begging for his life and unarmed and still not be prosecuted,there was some idiot in Saginaw,MI a few months ago that shot at a sound on the other side of his front door,wounding his friend outside...that one's being prosecuted for sure,but once they're in the house you can open fire(well,on an intruder not your friend I mean lol)

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves