Mace/Pepper Spray - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Mace/Pepper Spray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

This stuff is even better than Fox.

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/pepper.htm

The Lost King of Scotland

Old 05-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
why ya need a 45 as a back up
The Best Pepper Spray information here

http://www.planetmace.com/defensesprays.html

Old 05-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #23

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Police use it to confuse a person prior to the handcuffs. Probably not a good idea for anyone else.
Huh? Confuse a person for handcuffing? Police officers use OC spray to help subdue a violent person who poses a threat. It is just one tool used in the force continuium. Confusion has nothing to do with it.

Pepper spray can be a usefull tool, but be warned, IT DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK. Sometimes it will work against you. I have bitter, personal experience with that.

If someone is threatening you with lethal force, it is foolish to use non-lethal defense. If you wish to be "nice" or "politically correct," then I suggest you ask for self defense advise from the ACLU.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 05-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
what if ya knock them down with the taser then spray and kick them in the ribs a few times?

LMAO! Here in NY I can't buy pepper spray or tasers - I'll just have to shoot the son of a bitch - the "compassionate Liberals" in NY would be aghast!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-17-2008, 03:32 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

its kinda worthless to carry it unless you are familiar enough with getting it out, that you can do it when you need to. (much the same if carrying a gun concealed). my girlfriend, my sister, and my mom, all carry pepper spray. on their key rings. in their purse. they have to dig through their purses every time they need their keys. if you plan on carrying it, carry it somewhere practical, and know you can get it when you need to.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #26

Likes Given: 1

My Wife Carries The Kimber Guardian Angel. It's A Nifty Tool. Uses Two Pyrotechnic Charges To Fire A Gelatin Based O.c. With A Red Dye Marker. Not Susceptible To Temperature Like Aerosol Sprays. Can Be Used At Distance Even In Wind. Also There's The Psychological Effect Of Having A Small Black Object Pointed At You, A Popping Noise, Then Stinging Pain And Red Fluid Dripping From Your Face. Great Invention.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:34 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPD13 View Post
My Wife Carries The Kimber Guardian Angel. It's A Nifty Tool. Uses Two Pyrotechnic Charges To Fire A Gelatin Based O.c. With A Red Dye Marker. Not Susceptible To Temperature Like Aerosol Sprays. Can Be Used At Distance Even In Wind. Also There's The Psychological Effect Of Having A Small Black Object Pointed At You, A Popping Noise, Then Stinging Pain And Red Fluid Dripping From Your Face. Great Invention.
theres also a huge psychological effect of a revolver in your face and hearing the hammer getting pulled. i maintain that unless it is readily accessible, and you practice pulling it (like you would your ccw weapon) it is utterly useless.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
LMAO! Here in NY I can't buy pepper spray or tasers - I'll just have to shoot the son of a bitch - the "compassionate Liberals" in NY would be aghast!
hey, ny recently made it legal for persons 18 and over to purchase pepper spray. just like a lot of these other guys are saying, it's a tool. you need to know when and how to use it (just like a firearm). from a liability standpoint, after a justified shooting you can tell a lawyer that your intent was not to kill but to defend yourself; because you carried pepperspray in addition to your firearm. you would have "prefered" to use your less lethal spray but the perp escalated the situation and forced you shoot him. get what i'm saying?