Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   M&P Shield 9mm vs Glock 19 (gen 4) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/m-p-shield-9mm-vs-glock-19-gen-4-a-77271/)

ajs19ad6 11-28-2012 02:45 AM

M&P Shield 9mm vs Glock 19 (gen 4)

This would be my first gun purchase. I've shot the glock 19 gen 3, but not the shield. I'm planning on getting one for concealed carry and i can't decide which one! Can you guys educate me on these two guns?

Wiebelhaus 11-28-2012 03:30 AM

If your CC, I'd say the shield. Glocks are big to me, in my opinion, they are large and heavy, some (the guy that's been carrying one for 20 years) may vehemently disagree.

jujutsuka 11-28-2012 03:38 AM

I own and swear by both. The Shield is slightly deeper concealment but I have no problem at all concealing the G19. You can either get to know both before buying or just plan on buying both eventually. Personally, if I absolutely had to decide, I would buy the G19 first. For me, it's the perfect concealed carry gun. YMMV

clearsights 11-28-2012 03:55 AM

I own both and they are both good guns. Love them. The Shield is a better choice for concealment. The Glock will give you much more ammo. The accessories are more prevalent and easier to find for the Glock, too.
Hopefully, you can get a chance to try both out before you buy them. They have a different grip.
Enjoy whichever you choose and give us pics and a range report!

Squawk 11-28-2012 03:59 AM

Get the Shield.

okdonk 11-28-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearsights
I own both and they are both good guns. Love them. The Shield is a better choice for concealment. The Glock will give you much more ammo. The accessories are more prevalent and easier to find for the Glock, too.
Hopefully, you can get a chance to try both out before you buy them. They have a different grip.
Enjoy whichever you choose and give us pics and a range report!

+1. Same here.

hardluk1 11-28-2012 04:11 PM

What ever you get you more than likely will buy others as time gors buy. The shield could be concealable in a looser fit t-shirt and jeans with a good iwb in an appendix position. The glock19 CC with only a t-shirt . never. Buy the glock is fine with a cover . I use a cw9 and find that a t-shirt or tucked in button down is fine too. Your choice is more about how you live and dress as to what you can CC every time you leave your house .

Vincine 11-28-2012 07:09 PM

Wouldn't a Glock 26 be a more appropriate alternative to a Shield than G19?

beenz 11-28-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine
Wouldn't a Glock 26 be a more appropriate alternative to a Shield than G19?

Agreed on that one

hardluk1 11-28-2012 10:52 PM

Don't think he said he had a g19, just shot one. With the g26 your still dealing with the thickness & weight of a glock. If he allready had a glock 17 then heck yes buy a g26 and try to make it work . For a one pistol house hold at this time the shield or maybe a kahr will work fine. Any how a larger version is avalible for use at the range or a house gun and have all controls feel just right. Nothing new to learn