M&P 45c as ccw?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > M&P 45c as ccw?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default M&P 45c as ccw?

Anyone conceal carry an M&P 45c? If so, thoughts on reliability, holsters, carry position (I normally appendix carry), or ammo restrictions?

I currently carry an xd9 subcompact- obviously the s&w would be larger, just curious if anyone had more insight.

Thanks in advance!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #2

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Sorry, can't help too much.

I do carry a MP9c in a Whitehat IWB holster. This is similar to the crossbreed. The holster is adjustable and comes with other, and better, options than cowhide.

You can also by other kydex parts for different guns so you have 1 holster for a couple guns. I swap with my full size XD sometimes in the winter. Nice to use the same holster when I do.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1303 Posts
Likes Given: 1121

Just remember the 45 can keep up with the 9 and 40 in terminal effect ONLY if you do not have a bbl below the Commander length, 4 1/4 inches!!!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #4

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

At close range the barrel length will not make a significant difference. I carry a 3.6 inch barrel 45 ACP and never worry about it. (I am not shooting 20 yards or 25 yards with it, that's not self defense that's second degree murder). But carrying a wider gun does present some problems, but the right clothing takes care of that. I carry OWB with a Bianchi belt slide size 15A it works well with my Bersa Thunder 45 UCP as well with my CZ 75 P-01 and even with my Taurus PT-92 AFS. I too am still looking for a IWB holster other than the Uncle Mikes I use.

Jim

Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The more research I do, the more I'm liking the m&p 45c. Apparently it's comparable to a g30 minus 2 rounds (for the compact magazine).

Old 08-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1303 Posts
Likes Given: 1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
At close range the barrel length will not make a significant difference. I carry a 3.6 inch barrel 45 ACP and never worry about it. (I am not shooting 20 yards or 25 yards with it, that's not self defense that's second degree murder). But carrying a wider gun does present some problems, but the right clothing takes care of that. I carry OWB with a Bianchi belt slide size 15A it works well with my Bersa Thunder 45 UCP as well with my CZ 75 P-01 and even with my Taurus PT-92 AFS. I too am still looking for a IWB holster other than the Uncle Mikes I use.

Jim
Don't take my word for it do your own research. By the way 'range' as NOTHING to do with the velocity the bullet leaves the bbl, but bbl length does!!!