Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > M&P 40C Problem (Picatinny Rail)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M&P 40C Problem (Picatinny Rail)

I recently bought an M&P 40C which I will review in the other section later. I went back and forth between this gun and the Glock 27. Due to availability and price, I went with the M&P. I really like the way it feels, looks, and I got a great deal on it. Quantico Tactical had 3 in stock for $398 with the $50 mail-in rebate (this deal was for military or public servants). I chose the SW because I didn't want to wait until August for the G27 to arrive and didn't want to pay $550 plus.

Point of the post is that after buying a holster today (Tagua Belt Snap Holster) I realized that the accessory rail on the M&P catches every time I draw. The fit is perfect and it feels right on my hip, but when I draw, the rail catches every time. I have to make a conscious effort to pull the grip backwards to release tension on the rail. It is really a pain. I think it will loosen in time, but I don't think I will ever fully get rid of the catching. Anyone else have problems with this? Makes me regret buying a CC gun that has a rail for no real reason. Just my 2 cents but I would like to hear what you all think about the problem or if you have a work around. I don't really want to buy a thermoplastic or a holster that covers the bottom of the gun. Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwat2
I recently bought an M&P 40C which I will review in the other section later. I went back and forth between this gun and the Glock 27. Due to availability and price, I went with the M&P. I really like the way it feels, looks, and I got a great deal on it. Quantico Tactical had 3 in stock for $398 with the $50 mail-in rebate (this deal was for military or public servants). I chose the SW because I didn't want to wait until August for the G27 to arrive and didn't want to pay $550 plus.

Point of the post is that after buying a holster today (Tagua Belt Snap Holster) I realized that the accessory rail on the M&P catches every time I draw. The fit is perfect and it feels right on my hip, but when I draw, the rail catches every time. I have to make a conscious effort to pull the grip backwards to release tension on the rail. It is really a pain. I think it will loosen in time, but I don't think I will ever fully get rid of the catching. Anyone else have problems with this? Makes me regret buying a CC gun that has a rail for no real reason. Just my 2 cents but I would like to hear what you all think about the problem or if you have a work around. I don't really want to buy a thermoplastic or a holster that covers the bottom of the gun. Thoughts?
I use the comp-tac and have no issues on the drawing

Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2609 Times on 1520 Posts
Likes Given: 1160

Do you have anything attached to the rail?
If not, then get rid of the rail.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #4

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Do you have anything attached to the rail?
If not, then get rid of the rail.
Thats what rails on a CCW are gud for nuttin---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

Liked 206 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Thats also a problem of hoster quality. Tagua is close to the bottom. Its time to step up to a better class of holster that does cover the whole handgun.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
Thats also a problem of hoster quality. Tagua is close to the bottom. Its time to step up to a better class of holster that does cover the whole handgun.
I couldn't agree more when it comes to holster quality you get what you pay for.