Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   M&P 40C Problem (Picatinny Rail) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/m-p-40c-problem-picatinny-rail-84755/)

bwat2 02-21-2013 05:47 AM

M&P 40C Problem (Picatinny Rail)

I recently bought an M&P 40C which I will review in the other section later. I went back and forth between this gun and the Glock 27. Due to availability and price, I went with the M&P. I really like the way it feels, looks, and I got a great deal on it. Quantico Tactical had 3 in stock for $398 with the $50 mail-in rebate (this deal was for military or public servants). I chose the SW because I didn't want to wait until August for the G27 to arrive and didn't want to pay $550 plus.

Point of the post is that after buying a holster today (Tagua Belt Snap Holster) I realized that the accessory rail on the M&P catches every time I draw. The fit is perfect and it feels right on my hip, but when I draw, the rail catches every time. I have to make a conscious effort to pull the grip backwards to release tension on the rail. It is really a pain. I think it will loosen in time, but I don't think I will ever fully get rid of the catching. Anyone else have problems with this? Makes me regret buying a CC gun that has a rail for no real reason. Just my 2 cents but I would like to hear what you all think about the problem or if you have a work around. I don't really want to buy a thermoplastic or a holster that covers the bottom of the gun. Thoughts?

duke3026 02-21-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwat2
I recently bought an M&P 40C which I will review in the other section later. I went back and forth between this gun and the Glock 27. Due to availability and price, I went with the M&P. I really like the way it feels, looks, and I got a great deal on it. Quantico Tactical had 3 in stock for $398 with the $50 mail-in rebate (this deal was for military or public servants). I chose the SW because I didn't want to wait until August for the G27 to arrive and didn't want to pay $550 plus.

Point of the post is that after buying a holster today (Tagua Belt Snap Holster) I realized that the accessory rail on the M&P catches every time I draw. The fit is perfect and it feels right on my hip, but when I draw, the rail catches every time. I have to make a conscious effort to pull the grip backwards to release tension on the rail. It is really a pain. I think it will loosen in time, but I don't think I will ever fully get rid of the catching. Anyone else have problems with this? Makes me regret buying a CC gun that has a rail for no real reason. Just my 2 cents but I would like to hear what you all think about the problem or if you have a work around. I don't really want to buy a thermoplastic or a holster that covers the bottom of the gun. Thoughts?

I use the comp-tac and have no issues on the drawing

danf_fl 02-21-2013 10:53 AM

Do you have anything attached to the rail?
If not, then get rid of the rail.

HOSSFLY 02-21-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1146850)
Do you have anything attached to the rail?
If not, then get rid of the rail.

Thats what rails on a CCW are gud for ;) nuttin---

hardluk1 02-21-2013 11:22 AM

Thats also a problem of hoster quality. Tagua is close to the bottom. Its time to step up to a better class of holster that does cover the whole handgun.

Chase127 03-13-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1
Thats also a problem of hoster quality. Tagua is close to the bottom. Its time to step up to a better class of holster that does cover the whole handgun.

I couldn't agree more when it comes to holster quality you get what you pay for.