Looting??? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Looting???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2055 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I wouldn't want to kill a man over a color TV, but that may just be a liberal thing.

I would send the same man to meet Jesus if he threatened me or my family. I might lose some sleep over it, but I think I would get over it.
well if he is stealing my neighbor's color TV that's one thing.......

my color TV? how do I know he just wants my color TV? if my doorway gets violated, I am not going to:

- wait and see what caliber the perp's gun is
- wait to see if he HAS a gun
- ask his intentions or engage in spirited debate
- offer a cup of coffee
- threaten to do ANYTHING
- refer him to a good ACLU lawyer (I know, oxymoronic)

what I WILL do is call the police and remind them to bring the chalk.
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Lol..........

Quote:
I wouldn't want to kill a man over a color TV, but that may just be a liberal thing.

I would send the same man to meet Jesus if he threatened me or my family. I might lose some sleep over it, but I think I would get over it.
I know of some that met thier maker over a black n white..........
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #23
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 596 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 3113

As for the M-16
http://armedforcesmuseum.com/united-states-m16-assault-rifle/

This is what it states.

United States M16 Assault Rifle

2 Comments

The United States M16 assault rifle was designed in 1956, but production did not begin until 1963. This rifle is considered one of the top rifles of the military. The M16 first entered into service in the US Army during the Vietnam War as an effective weapon against jungle warfare – becoming standard issue by the US military by 1969. After Vietnam, the variants of the M16 have remained the primary service rifles of the US armed forces. This assault rifle is also used by a number of militaries throughout the world. To date, more than 8 million M16s have been manufactured world-wide, making this assault rifle the most produced firearm of its caliber.

That's just the first paragraph. For more use the link.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #24
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 986 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 497

I have only been robbed once, it happened when I lived in NH and someone stole my Son's brand new bicycle I bought him for his birthday! I would not have shot the thief because that would have been too quick!
As far as someone breaking into my home I don't care what they're after they just made the mistake of their lives!
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default No joke..knock knock...........

Old 07-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 705 Times on 469 Posts

Quote:

How would you know whether he was there to steal the TV, or do something more harmful?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
People Like This 
Old 07-25-2014, 09:10 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 705 Times on 469 Posts

Sorry for the double post, but this TV thief conversation reminds me of a funny story. I used to do business with a guy in the SF Bay area that sold and installed hugely expensive home theaters and electronics. At lunch one day he told me a customer got robbed. Then he showed me the picture. The perp(s) tried to steal one of those huge old rear projection TVs from an upstairs room. At the bottom of the stairs they found the TV with a perfect indentation in the wall of a man. That thing must have totally crushed the poor idiot right between the studs. I am guessing his buddy helped remove the TV from his chest, and then they got the heck out of there. Darwin award finalist right there.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2215 Times on 1313 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
I have only been robbed once, it happened when I lived in NH and someone stole my Son's brand new bicycle I bought him for his birthday! I would not have shot the thief because that would have been too quick!
As far as someone breaking into my home I don't care what they're after they just made the mistake of their lives!
You said 'robbed', so what did the 'robber/s' look like and what force did he/they use to get you to submit and release the property???
etbob9 Likes This 
Old 07-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #29

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

After Katrina looting was a huge problem. There was no electricity, no cell phone, no radio, no communication with the outside world. At first there was even no military or law enforcement.
Word of mouth spread like wildfire and so did rumors. The rumor was that Orleans Parish Prison had been breached and the inmates had taken over low enforcement boats and were headed to the sub Urbs looting and raping.
Everyone was carrying. And everyone had an itchy finger. I was as scared of people who weren't experienced with firearms all of a sudden carrying than I was of the looters.
Fear and weapons don't mix. Having a firearm and knowing how to use it really gave all of us piece of mind.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #30

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPaTerry View Post
I just saw on Fox that the fire in the PNW is 100 miles long now.

And they said that looters were a HUGE problem.

Here in TN, you can only use deadly force if you believe you are in grave danger of death or serious bodily harm, or to protect someone else who you believe to be in that situation. That means you can NOT shoot someone that is looting here in this state.

We were in Fairbanks during the great flood of 1967, when an area of Alaska the size of the state of Missouri was put underwater. The word was passed that looters would be shot on sight. When we ventured out into the area, we saw troops all over the place carrying M16's. Their expressions said they were not carrying them for no purpose.

I never heard of one single case of looting in Fairbanks during this period.

Why the HECK are we now so concerned with the civil rights of criminals??

I used looters as an example in an argument with a buddy on gun-control. Apparently, he tells me looters are only in movies.