Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Looking for some advise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 03:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
Why are you playing detective? If he is a gun ownner and not bothering anyone leave him alone. In this part of the country he would not even look out of place.
Anymore any college campus is tainted because of all of the campus shootings tht have happened in the past.. Anytime someone sees or even hears about a gun on a college campus everyone goes on edge, especially anyone tht was present during any of the unfortunate events. So people have a right to b nervous if they think someone is carrying a gun on campus..but there are right ways and wrong ways to determine wat a person is doing

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

part of carrying is responsibility. I have absolutely have no problem with carrying. But if you are carrying somewhere where it would be a felony to have a gun wouldn't you use a little more discretion and not wear your full sized pistol not very well hidden on your hip. I am gonna talk to the kid next week. maybe we can go shooting some time i have 1000's of rounds to burn.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4sti View Post
Don't worry its not what kind of gun i should get. What i am asking advise on is how i should handle the situation. I am in college and I noticed a kid last week that is carrying what i am 99.9% sure is a firearm. Like I said I first noticed him the noticeable bulge of a full sized holstered gun on his hip. he was wearing a t-shirt that hung over it and it was not exactly a loose fitting shirt. Class only meets once a week, so this week I wanted to see if i was just seeing things. Well I noticed it again, he also had a set of handcuff hanging from the back of his pants above his ass crack. I seriously doubt he is a cop, looks more like a 20 year old kid.
I remember in the NYPD they would hire kids younger than 20.
I don't think age has anything to do with being a cop. I've seen
baby-faced officers and old, fat, misshapen ones too.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

I remember in the NYPD they would hire kids younger than 20.
I don't think age has anything to do with being a cop. I've seen
baby-faced officers and old, fat, misshapen ones too.
Hahaha,, ive worked with a few fat misshapen ones

Old 09-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5131 Times on 2673 Posts
Likes Given: 313

Schools are one place people SHOULD be armed. Personally i would feel better if i wasnt the only one packing if i was still in college...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Tainted by guns on campus?? You must be scared to death of driving on the public roads. This sounds very much like the anti- concealed carry rage that is tainting our firearms freedoms. Many colleges are working to allow CCWs. There is a fight from the left to stop this movement. Just who are you and what do you hope to achieve with this post?? I wonder??

Old 09-16-2011, 01:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid
Tainted by guns on campus?? You must be scared to death of driving on the public roads. This sounds very much like the anti- concealed carry rage that is tainting our firearms freedoms. Many colleges are working to allow CCWs. There is a fight from the left to stop this movement. Just who are you and what do you hope to achieve with this post?? I wonder??
If u have read any of the other posts on this entire forum u would figure out tht i spent 10 years as a LEO... deputy sheriff,K9 handler, and At one time Special Operations team leader... How many times have YOU been shot at a
While trying to serve a high risk felony warrant? Ive done and seen things tht would give alot of people nightmares..so about ur comment " must be scared to death to drive on public roads" as u idiotically put it..you tell me if im scared.. about my post, where did u read anywhere tht i said i was against concealed carry on a school campus??im all for it, I was just stating the way it is not the way tht i see it through my eyes.. So before u pat urself on the back for ur comment towards me u need to read my posts a little bit better

Last edited by MrWray; 09-16-2011 at 01:33 AM.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #18

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I doubt you are old enough to question those of us who served in S.E. Asia in the 1960s. And yes you sound like the small town cop who thinks anyone with a gun is a most likley a felon on the way to a crime.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:13 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1994 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Gentlemen, before this goes much further, I'd like to caution you that many have been shown the left foot of fellowship on here when the posturing got out of hand. Please take that into consideration.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
Gentlemen, before this goes much further, I'd like to caution you that many have been shown the left foot of fellowship on here when the posturing got out of hand. Please take that into consideration.
I dont believe tht anyone reviewing my posts would give me the "left foot" as u say... I made a legit common sense post and was chastised by someone for it without a reason tht makes any sense. I was defending wat i said and "tried" to make it clear wat i meant.. So if anything i said was out of line "which i dont know how it would be" i guess i dont need to b on here anyway
I