looking for a quality shoulder holster

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > looking for a quality shoulder holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default looking for a quality shoulder holster

I would like to get a leather shoulder holster for my cz75. I'm a big ole boy so will need it in xxxtra+xx large size. Any ideas besides starting with a cow hide would be appreciated.

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #2

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'd take a look at the Bianchi X15 or the Galco Miami Classic shoulder holsters. Both readily available quality leather construction. Only problem is they don't come in "sizes" so they may not fit a large guy like you (I know they don't fit me comfortably and I generally wear 2X or 3X shirts and jackets). You might need to find someone doing custom holsters to make one special for you or at least a competent leather worker who could mod the factory offerings with longer straps on the harness for you.

Is there a particular reason you want a a shoulder holster? They are generally slower and less comfortable than belt holsters and and as I said above harder to fit to large individuals. There's a reason shoulder holsters have kind of fallen out of favor amount most CCW carriers.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I was thinking that a shoulder holster under a jacket (winter) would be a good solution for the full size cz75. Thanks for the input.

NEVER FORGET

Old 11-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #4

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
I was thinking that a shoulder holster under a jacket (winter) would be a good solution for the full size cz75. Thanks for the input.
I can easily conceal my big Glock 21 on my belt under a heavy winter coat but I'm guessing you are more concerned about ready access with your coat all zipped up? That may be one situation where the shoulder holster may still be useful. Another possibility might be appendix or cross draw carry, although those can be problematic if you have much of an "overhang" in the front.