Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Looking for a new CCW gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Yeah sorry Vic, I knew someone with your exact name years ago (a range buddy) I thought I'd give it a shot

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Default Ruger LC9

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorzamora View Post
Dan, of all of those guns, the only one fitting my current wants would be the P3AT....but I'd prefer the PF9. How do you like your P3AT?

John, what about the LC9 did you dislike? What did you like?
Well, I suppose the only real thing is the thinness of it which may make hard to hang on to - but then again isn't that a good thing for a ccw? NOTE: I did get a Packmayr handle silicone thingy that makes it easier to hang on to when it goes Bang! And it does go Bang! really loudly. But again, if it saves me - who cares!

I like the long trigger pull because in the unlikely event of its intended use, in that my probably rattled nerves won't set it off. I have a Walther PPQ that I love dearly, but if you cough, it fires - the last thing I'd need in a potential confrontation that turned into a non-starter and was only "potential". The LC9 is built like a tank, accurate, reliable, smooth and rounded, with a nice safety and good for me as a pocket ccw. Priced reasonably.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #13

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Check out the Bersa BP9CC in 9mm! Awesome quality company with fantastic firearms at REASONABLE PRICES! I have BERSA UC in 9mm and is my CCW! Over 1,000 through it it with FLAWLESS functioning! The BP9CC makes a great CCW and is in my list to buy as soon as possible!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

MoreAltitude: No worries

John: That seems like what everybody says about the P3AT and the LC9.

MountainSkyTop: I like that BP9cc, but I'm concerned that it's still too big/heavy. I'll have to look into it, but thanks for the recommendation either way as I had forgotten about Bersa.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #15

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Hi Victor, I took these pictures for another thread but they're relevant here to. The LC9 is pretty versatile I can pocket carry

forumrunner_20121202_034550.jpg

Or IWB

forumrunner_20121202_034627.jpg

At only 1.1 inches thick it conceals pretty easy wherever I need it to.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #16

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

I like both my LC-9 and LCP. LCP is only 380, but of all my guns for CCW, it is the one I almost always go to. It conceals so well in a back pocket holster. In jeans - or dress pants - or fancy social affairs. It just works.
I had tried a Taurus TCP 380 - was the worse I gun I ever owned - failed to feed, failed to fire , stove-piped, and ejected back into your face! And it kicked harder than the LCP that I replaced it with.
These TCP impressions were not just my own - I loaned the gun to two different people and they both had the same troubles - and refused to keep shooting it. I sold the TCP...

The LC9 - I have both inside the waistband and outside holsters - but I just haven't made friends with it to carry - due to it's larger size. I always seem to carry the LCP - or sometimes a 38 revolver - J-frame.
For me --- that is it --- LCP. I'm working on trying to adapt to the larger gun - but the LCP size is a winner for me. And I love it's revolver-like long trigger pull - no need for a safety. I do not trust safeties.
Safeties - Is it on? Did I forget? Did I knock it off holstering it? In a panic situation - will I remember to take it off? If I do take it off and am nervous (who wouldn't be?) will the short light trigger of a typical safety auto gun get me in trouble - accidentally pull it? And get someone shot??
This is not a game of "what if" for me. I need to know.
Toooo many possibilities.... I want a revolver or a long trigger pull auto with a revolver like trigger pull.
Both the LCP and the LC9 have that.

Just my experience and opinions....