Looking for ideas

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Looking for ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Looking for ideas

I carry with a shoulder rig, its not fancy just a rig I picked up at the gunshow for a good price. Its a quick release rig on both sides. What are the favorite rigs of everyone and do ya'll wear jackets or vests usually with your rigs?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2012, 04:20 AM   #2

Likes Given: 2

i plan to get a inside the pants holster for my S&W,i usually wear hoodys or a military style coat that i think will prevent any printing.

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #3

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
i plan to get a inside the pants holster for my S&W,i usually wear hoodys or a military style coat that i think will prevent any printing.
Me too. Not crazy about IWB, but it's the only way to go if I'm carrying an auto pistol. If I've got the snubby, can get away with a belt holster. A hoodie or unbuttoned/untucked shirt is usually sufficient. Have to watch the wind with a shirt.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I carry either on the waistband or on my belt. I prefer belt for quick access. Sometimes in winter I'll carry in a coat pocket.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Belt holster usually. Can cover pretty much anything that's reasonable (for SD against humans) with a loose untucked shirt. When I lived in a colder climate I carried in a should holster, and left my coat(s) unzipped but fastened all but one button, so I could reach in and get to the gun. In a warm climate, a shoulder holster makes the gun damn difficult to conceal. Now Uncle Mike 's belt holsters do well because they hug my hip (no, not like that! ) and don't let the gun flop around.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 04-18-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #6

Liked 263 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I carry ether in my front pocket or larger version of the same pistol IWB with a comp-tac MTAC netraul above the front pocket. I dress for summer in a hot climate and don't have to change no matter the weather. I never dress to cover my pistol . Nothing has changed but the handgun for 26 years and then the trigger pull is still DA.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I like to dress as light as possible, so I tend to carry single-stacked 9mm or45acp IWB...6-9rds capacity usually.

Just not so enthused about over-layering, being afraid to take my jacket off, etc. I've got a half dozen or so pistols set up for carry. But the smaller lighter options always seem to win out.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I've been researching more carry options now that it's been getting hot out. I'm a skinny guy, anything on my hip at 3 IWB or OWB prints like a beast. I have a belly band that I wear with my P95 at 4:30 & conceals pretty well. I refuse to wear hawaiian & obnoxiously designed shirts to hide printing. Im a plain shirt & jeans kinda guy. Fortunately now in FL some printing and the slight occasional unintentional display isn't such a problem anymore. Thankfully there's a gun show this weekend and I'm gonna be on the hunt for possibly a new shoulder carry holster too.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #9

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

I guess being big has its advantages. Im about 250 and 5'11. My G19 doesnt print too bad at 3-330. I will always suggest dark colored shirts though, black and dark blue work best. T shirts of course.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry IWB but am in the market for some good OWB holsters as well, they're pretty easy to conceal if worn properly. IWB is comfortable if I'm wearing a size up in pants.