Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   looking for a good 9mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/looking-good-9mm-64566/)

Keltec 05-16-2012 04:18 AM

looking for a good 9mm

I'm wanting opinions on 9mm pistols for cc. Looking to spend between 550-600. Thanks for your input.

Axxe55 05-16-2012 04:25 AM

check out the Springfield XD or XDm in 9mm or the Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm. or even the CZ's in 9mm. really the best thing is to just go and start by looking at the gun stores and see what feels the best in your hand. the suggestions i made are pistols that fit me well and i would buy and would also recommend. but another brand could very well be a better fit for you than the ones i suggested. in your price range, there is no doubt you can a quality pistol that fits you well.

JTJ 05-16-2012 04:30 AM

How big and how heavy?

Werminator 05-16-2012 05:28 AM

Yeah, size and weight are the two tennants I cannot ignore.. Full sized pistols are harder to conceal and it would seem to me more easy to leave at home than to tolerate any discomfort they may bring with them. Look to something like a Kahr PM9 or CW9, Ruger LC9, KelTec PF9, SR9c from Ruger... well... I guess there are a ton of options... I would look to a striker fired gun personally... I think in the area of size, though, thinness is more important than short... If there were a 1911 the thickness of say a Kahr CW9 I would choose that without batting an eyelash... Just think about the visibility the gun would create in your chosen mode of carry...

danf_fl 05-16-2012 09:25 AM

How much are you planning to spend on a package overall?

The firearm is an essential part, but a self defense / self protection package should be set up that no part can be of questionable quality (firearm, ammo, mags, holster, etc)

No matter what firearm you purchase, make sure the rest of the package is readily available. It does no good to purchase a firearm that you cannot purchase extra mags for.

Jstrong 05-16-2012 11:36 AM

Take a look at the Walther ppq,it's right in your price range. It's almost the same size as a glock19 but will eat it for breakfast. Mines been flawless so far and has the best trigger on a polymer gun I've ever shot. great ergo's,great trigger,shoots even better. 15+1 capacity.

---Shoot To Thrill---

levelcross 05-16-2012 12:52 PM

The XD or M&P are in your price range, both are reliable or the Ruger LC9, SR9. Go to the LGS and handle a few that you like, ask the counter guy what he thinks about them. Narrow down your options and post back here for reviews.

hardluk1 05-16-2012 01:34 PM

Come on tell us what you want it to do.High cap range gun, high cap midsized sigle stack mid sized, or a CC sub compact CC.

Polygon 05-17-2012 08:28 PM

My suggestion would be the new S&W Shield.

workman5487 05-17-2012 08:48 PM

9mm travels. To fast.